Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 08:55 PM

8 posts, read 13,367 times

Advertisements

I am a unemployed college graduate like my children. My husband died, Jan 2005. Since, I am head of a household like all of you. I been trying to find work with my bachelor's degree. You listen to your former college advise you that it doesn't matter what type of degree you have that all employers just want a bachelor's degree these days, to get out of college and finish soon. Yeah, I sit here like all of you day and night even when there wasn't a recession searching my fool head off for work since last summer. I am told no experience. I don't think employers know what they want anymore. Maybe I will clean other people's shoes for living, using my elbow to polish in making sure my reflections shines through, because I have a four year degree not what I wanted in the first place and not a job, no support from my former school.

Try this, get ready to graduate and the college fails you in your last course in mathematics to find it taken away in two days, before you walk for it. I to declare another junky degree to tie my credit hours up and a full-back ground in mathematics and in debt with a student loan and no job? I been unemployed 3.5 years to find myself out of college in a recession and our auto insurnace rising higher than our groceries in the great state in LA baby. we are paying $500 a month, with a good driving records, me and my children and rising again in Jan. I can say this when my student loan comes due the $68,000 this year that I am in debt for a degree in mathematics I do not have, I will tell them about this degree I cannot use and can't find jobs with and more so due to the recession. I can say this cannot expect me to pay for something like this when we can't even pay our bills. Everyone is having a bad time and very competitive the job force has become for us all. How ridculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 10:11 PM
mwv

207 posts, read 673,665 times
From where did you get your degree? Your post contradicts itself - you write in the first paragraph you have a Bachelor's but then say in the second paragraph you don't have a degree.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:44 PM

8 posts, read 13,367 times
I have a degree, but wasn't what I wanted. I figured some of us were in the same boat. That was all I was trying to say. But when you lose your spouse who was the bread winner and within 5 days to find no income in the household for 6 months to alot longer it can be hard, yes indeed. but we are only trying and being self sufficient.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:10 AM

12 posts, read 20,947 times
I am this ladies daughter and all I have to say is that it is a really wierd situation by far. I saw what happened in the beginning with her degree. Since my father's death, all we had was our college education. I have two degrees that I cannot find work in either. We will just have to pick the pieces up ourselves. We do not expect anymore responses. My mother had to get a general studies degree and all she wanted to say is that she wanted to get her math degree which what she payed for in the beginning. Again do not worry about this post, we rarely come on here. We are really explain ourselves in real life really well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment