Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 11:24 AM

563 posts, read 1,710,816 times

Advertisements

There is SO MUCH negativity throughout some of these boards, so much rudeness, so much TOUCHINESS about EVERYTHING. I came to these boards for info and support, but now I'm getting off and staying away. People get into petty spats about small things, they accuse other people of thoughts or behaviors, they basically act like children. Why can't people, ADULTS, act like civil human beings? Why must there be so much of this crap? I've only been lurking since June and actively posting for a few weeks, and now I say ADIOS!!!

Old 09-06-2009, 12:21 PM

968 posts, read 2,618,272 times
Sorry you are leaving. These boards are not much different than regular society in that you will like some people and others not so much. At least for me, I think the power of this forum, in particular, is getting information about people from different backgrounds and locations. I cannot say I have not notice people getting a little personal or "mean"; overall, those issues are not my concern in visiting the work/emp section. Good luck and I hope things get better for you...

Old 09-06-2009, 12:29 PM

1,317 posts, read 4,057,053 times
I know what you mean girl. Some people who participate on these boards are most likely too afraid to be the way they are in person face to face with someone as they would on a message board, saying all the rude and BS things they do here and elsewhere.

The internet tends to make people "brave" since it's anonymous. Sad to say, but true. And gives some sort of a "life" to those a-holes who in a lot of cases don't really have one away from the keyboard.

I know how you feel and I've been there with the internet bullies and the people who make cruel comments.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:49 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,070,116 times
Some people are rude, that is true. You also find some feed off other people's misery. They love to say it's your fault you are unemployed or whatever. They post topics designed to anger up people.

Maybe you can find a more inspirational job board or just take a break from here.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:50 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,446,727 times
Adios. Watch the door on your way out.

Old 09-06-2009, 04:07 PM

173 posts, read 968,092 times
These are the true nature of these people and further exacerbated by the anonymity of their user names.
Sorry to hear that you are leaving!

Old 09-06-2009, 05:46 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,319,731 times
So true-there are some here with attitudes who hide behind the animosity of their keyboards,who feel empowered.
But don't leave because there are others who are sympathetic and will give good advice-you just have to weed through all the posts and take some of them with a grain of salt.
A lot of times you have to be hard skinned-but that is most of life now a days.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:19 PM

2,718 posts, read 5,357,929 times
Why do people take message boards so personally? There are idiots everywhere and if you live in society, you learn to navigate your way around and steer clear of those you do not agree with or like. The same goes here. Just ignore the posts that offend you. Or, post your manifesto, stomp away and miss out on the good advice that's posted here.

On another note, some people that one might think are rude and obnoxious are simply tell-it-like-it-is people who don't soften the blow when their opinion is asked. We all know someone like that I bet. Why should these board be any different?

Old 09-06-2009, 06:33 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
I was taken back a bit myself, you come across the same thing in face to face relations too, move on to other forums. There are a ton of nice ppl on here, we all have something to share and learn from each other. Stay away from the controversial topics and be careful what you reveal about yourself. I can't say how long I'll be here posting myself, but have enjoyed my time here so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweethearttx View Post
There is SO MUCH negativity throughout some of these boards, so much rudeness, so much TOUCHINESS about EVERYTHING. I came to these boards for info and support, but now I'm getting off and staying away. People get into petty spats about small things, they accuse other people of thoughts or behaviors, they basically act like children. Why can't people, ADULTS, act like civil human beings? Why must there be so much of this crap? I've only been lurking since June and actively posting for a few weeks, and now I say ADIOS!!!

Old 09-06-2009, 06:47 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,724,336 times
I think the Work and Employment folder here on CD is one of the most vicious. I've been un/underemployed for a year and a half but I don't often peek in here due to the meanness factor. Things are already bad enough, I don't need to read the abuse that gets dished out in this scary corner of City Data.

Nah, I like the World and Garden folders much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment