U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 08:58 AM

960 posts, read 2,257,462 times

Advertisements

So, finally, I am getting some feedback in this job search. I am in the beginning stages of an interview process with an employer for a job that is the same thing I have done for the last few years. Literally, 90% of the job is the same and when sitting in the office had I closed my eyes, I would have felt like I was in my old office.

Here is the thing, the work itself was not hard and could sometimes be enjoyable, but the environment is HORRIBLE. The stress it causes lingers and it really dampened my life. Additionally, the hours are truly based on business demands. So this can cause conflict in some of the side activities I am doing to transition into another career field.

I have finally gotten to a point where I know here I want to go, what I want to do, and have been PROACTIVE on working on those steps to get me to the final goal. I have concerns that if offered and accepting this job the choice could take me ten steps back and away from the path I desire. However, having steady employment (especially before the Holiday season) is crucial for all the other important reasons (livelihood, necessities, etc..). I have even considered taking the job with the idea of rebuilding a cushion and leaving upon the point where jobs reopen in my desired career field.

How have many of you dealt with this situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or