Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 08:25 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,286,654 times

Advertisements

Then why are you posting? :-)

Others can be helped from this discussion and in the future. I would like to thank the others who did something useful to contribute in a positive and helpful spirit to this thread instead of simply complaining about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 09:45 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,839,060 times
That's terrible. She seems bipolar to me. I had a roommate like that in college who was a total drama queen & I couldn't wait for the lease to get over. I stayed out as much as I could. Keep looking for other jobs as this kind of behavior creates toxic work environment. I would even take a pay cut just to get out of there. You are getting paid to do your job, not fix someone else's psychological issues. In your job interviews don't mention her behavior. Just give some generic excuse for leaving like looking for better opportunities. Talk about the things you learnt at work & say good things about your company & coworkers. If she hasn't got fired over the years for harassing & misbehaving with her coworkers, there is nothing you can do to change that. Its a sinking ship so get out of there. Such workplaces never win the loyalty of their employees as they have no management skills. Its easier to find a new job while you already have one so be patient & leave on a good note when you get a better offer. Don't mention anything in your exit interview as it would change nothing. Do whats in your best interest.

Old 12-13-2021, 09:54 AM

2 posts, read 637 times
Sounds like you are having to deal with a "borderline" personality disordered person, the most difficult to deal with! You won/t be able to "fix" her unless you are a therapist or other professional and want to spend years doing it.
Most of your commentors say "LEAVE"! I agree.
I wonder if a person can have both narcissism and borderline personalities. Got to check.

Old 12-13-2021, 12:49 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,224,566 times
This woman is mentally ill at best or a sociopath at worst.

This means you will never have peace while working here, and will never please her.

Start looking for another job. Starting yesterday.

Do a stealth job search so you can keep your coveted "passive candidate" status and be ore valued by employers.

Old 12-13-2021, 12:52 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,224,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
It is always the psychos that end up in "supervisor" or "boss" positions.
The Gervais Principle.

Old 12-13-2021, 02:29 PM

1,784 posts, read 2,381,803 times
I wonder if there's update from the OP as to what has happened in the last 12 years since he or she made this post?

Old 12-13-2021, 02:57 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
I wonder if there's update from the OP as to what has happened in the last 12 years since he or she made this post?
Since the OP hasn't visited the site since March 22, 2014, we'll never know.

I don't frequent this forum anymore, but visited because someone repped my post in this thread. Thanks to the kind soul who did that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment