Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,565 times

Advertisements

I have been disabled for almost 2 years. I found it hard to live with the fact that I would be at home and not going out to work any longer. I had a lot of questions and fears. Would my disability payment each month be enough for my family and me to survive? Was this it? Will I ever be productive again for myself, my family, or my community? These were definitely in the fore-front of my mind. And then one day, I was introduced to the Social Security Administration's Ticket to Work Program.
The Ticket to Work and Self-Sufficiency Program is an employment program for people with disabilities who are interested in going to work. The Ticket Program is part of the Ticket to Work and Work Incentives Improvement Act of 1999 – legislation designed to remove many of the barriers that previously influenced people’s decisions about going to work because of the concerns over losing health care coverage. The goal of the Ticket Program is to increase opportunities and choices for Social Security disability beneficiaries to obtain employment, vocational rehabilitation (VR), and other support services from public and private providers, employers, and other organizations.

Under the Ticket Program, the Social Security Administration (also referred to as the Agency) provides disability beneficiaries with a Ticket they may use to obtain the services and jobs they need from a new universe of organizations called Employment Networks
The Ticket Program is flexible and voluntary – Social Security Administration beneficiaries are not mandated to participate and in most cases, ENs can chose which services they want to provide, where, and to whom. Beneficiaries receiving Tickets can contact one or more to discuss services and once an agreement between the beneficiary and is reached, the two work together to develop a work plan to assist the beneficiary in reaching his or her employment goal.
Every month a Ticket-holder is employed at a certain wage level, receives revenue

This program really helped change my life. With the income limits changed, I was able to keep my Disability benefits, including COBRA, and work to learn a new skill. I am able to bring more income into the family, and earn back my own self respect. For more information you need to check with the management company for the Ticket to Work, Maximus, phone 866-968-7842 or go to the website: www.yourtickettowork.com"]]www.yourtickettowork.com]. You can obtain all the particulars there to apply and start feeling like a productive person again. Especially now with all of the Work at Home positions available around the country, it is great time to participate in the program.
Once you have gotten all the particulars about your Ticket to Work in order, check out the immediate openings at www.jlodge.com/careers]J.Lodge/careers.

Last edited by bevatjlodge; 12-01-2009 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: extra characters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment