Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 09:34 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,260,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I used to work with a guy who got fired after one too many EEOC complaints against him for sexual harrassment. Do I think he was as bad as the women made him out to be? No. Do I think he crossed the line a few too many times? Definitely. Where there is smoke, there is fire.
that is the strong assumption. but that is why the EEOC action is much higher for sexual harrassment than race discrimination. but the topic was race discrimination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 09:46 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,935,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
that is the strong assumption. but that is why the EEOC action is much higher for sexual harrassment than race discrimination. but the topic was race discrimination.
I didn't realize that discrimination wasn't discrimantion unless the color of ones skin was called into play.

I knew this guy, worked with him for over three years. He made statements to me that while weren't personally harrassing, they definitely showed his mindset so I have no doubt he at the least made inappropriate statements to the women who filed claims against him

Old 12-27-2009, 10:58 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times
Quote:
Who says I support NAFTA? I think it was a HUGE mistake and we're paying for it now. I also have stated MANY times that we are allowing too much immigration. But UNLIKE you who hates Hispanics as a whole, I don't think that we need to just shut the doors on specific races, rather we need to shut the doors except for people who can bring something special to the table (certain highly educated scientists, etc.). I recognize that many LATINO US CITIZENS are Puerto Rican and have EVERY RIGHT to live and work ANYWHERE in the US that they want to--and I don't ASSUME that anyone who is Hispanic is illegal. I think that anyone in this country illegally should be deported--regardless of their nationality or the color of their skin or the language they speak, and there's no automatic right to stay here because of anchor babies.

The difference between you and I is that YOU are a racist.
I don't hate them at all, and you're coming close to personal attacks and insults which I will report next time. I never said I hate hispanics, never once. In fact a very close friend of mine was laid off, he is chicano but doesn't speak Spanish well enough, yes he speaks it but the foreign born clients complained that his Spanish wasn't to their liking.

I say over and over that jobs should go to Americans, and there should be some legal immigration but it shouldn't be only about cheap labor.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:08 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,935,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't hate them at all, and you're coming close to personal attacks and insults which I will report next time. I never said I hate hispanics, never once. In fact a very close friend of mine was laid off, he is chicano but doesn't speak Spanish well enough, yes he speaks it but the foreign born clients complained that his Spanish wasn't to their liking.

I say over and over that jobs should go to Americans, and there should be some legal immigration but it shouldn't be only about cheap labor.
Considering that you work derogatory remarks about Hispanics into every post you make, your agenda is quite blatant.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:49 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times
Quote:
Considering that you work derogatory remarks about Hispanics into every post you make, your agenda is quite blatant.
Of course if you see no difference whatsoever between a hispanic that is an American citizen that believes in the USA and illegals flooding over the border, you could think that.

I however see a big difference.

I also "suspect" that you do not support unlimited immigration from countries like Haiti.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment