Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 03:36 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,193,585 times

Advertisements

I remember one of my employers had an AFLAC representative who would come around every week to have meetings with new hires.

I'm not sure of this is common with them, but what really turned me off was he tried to act like he was some sort of authority figure, as in gave the impression that he was there to sign you up for the rest of the company benefits so just answer his questions and sign and your done. The first thing out of his mouth with me when I walked into the conference room was what my salary was, and I understand he would need to know that for some of his services but he got really testy when I didn't want tell him that until he explained what he was trying to offer me.

In the end the company banned him from showing up after he browbeat this Chinese woman who was a computer programmer into signing up for everything he had and she complained when she found out he wasn't an HR representative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 09:49 PM

2 posts, read 26,381 times
I agree with you. All the profanity is not needed.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:17 AM

1 posts, read 5,258 times
Angry Don't do it!!

My experience this year should be the "poster child" for insurance "opportunities". I am in Chapter 7 because of these so called opportunities. The insurance business and recruiting tactics should be illegal.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:57 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hahardytx View Post
My experience this year should be the "poster child" for insurance "opportunities". I am in Chapter 7 because of these so called opportunities. The insurance business and recruiting tactics should be illegal.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fooled me twice, shame on me.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 5,206 times
yeah they say they are licensed agents, however, I know one that is a convicted felon, Im not so sure they do a thorough background check and I wouldnt want a company representing me or handling personal information that hired convicted felons

Old 10-30-2010, 09:28 PM

3 posts, read 9,421 times
Just a quick note...my wife made 91k her first year without any sales experience or solid training from management.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:36 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
There's one BIG reason I could never work for Aflac... I just know I couldn't mention the product without saying "Aaaaaflaaaac" in Gilbert Gottfried's voice.

If nothing else, you've gotta admit they have a strong advertising campaign!

Old 01-03-2011, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 5,027 times
Default don't let this fool you

first off, i'm not a company spokesperson. i work with aflac, and have for a while. is the job for everyone? no. if you can't talk to people you've never met with confidence, or force yourself out of bed to work everyday when no one is forcing you to, this isn't the job for you. having leads is helpful, but it's really not necessary to be successful. only ONE of my businesses was someone i knew beforehand. if you enjoy talking to people, are motivated to succeed, and don't take the word "no" personally, you could be very successful at this job. it's a great opportunity, but it's not handed to you. you do have to work for it. aflac is a fortune 500 company, people. how could it be a scam? they have a proven track record of success, and those that work hard STAY with the company. you can try to slander them if you weren't cut out for the job, but don't ruin it for those that have what it takes. if they were so awful, they wouldn't still be around. the facts speak for themselves.

oh, and about a felon working there? they use the same background checks as any other employer. it happens, at all companies, not just aflac.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:47 AM

2,631 posts, read 4,047,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckface View Post
first off, i'm not a company spokesperson. i work with aflac, and have for a while. is the job for everyone? no. if you can't talk to people you've never met with confidence, or force yourself out of bed to work everyday when no one is forcing you to, this isn't the job for you. having leads is helpful, but it's really not necessary to be successful. only ONE of my businesses was someone i knew beforehand. if you enjoy talking to people, are motivated to succeed, and don't take the word "no" personally, you could be very successful at this job. it's a great opportunity, but it's not handed to you. you do have to work for it. aflac is a fortune 500 company, people. how could it be a scam? they have a proven track record of success, and those that work hard STAY with the company. you can try to slander them if you weren't cut out for the job, but don't ruin it for those that have what it takes. if they were so awful, they wouldn't still be around. the facts speak for themselves.

oh, and about a felon working there? they use the same background checks as any other employer. it happens, at all companies, not just aflac.
You're not a spokesperson, but you couldn't be more creative with your screen name? Right...

Old 02-15-2011, 09:18 PM

3 posts, read 23,556 times
Dear, ILOVEAFLAC
Thank you for the rebuttle. It's about time someone said it. I have written the same reply to another thread similar to this one. I love Aflac also. I had no great connections when I came to Aflac and I just merely make the calls one after another consistently until I get a bite. Time after time calling, your sales pitch improves automatically, and you build your marketing skills this way. These complainers make me angry, because money doesn't just easily fall into their hands they quit. You have to be patient and not get discouraged in this line of work. Yes, there are people involved who have given us at Aflac a bad name, but where I am in Md my mentor is so encouraging that I come in everyday early and diligently make these calls so I may get a meeting with a potential client. Once you get one to buy, your cold calling days are over, if you do what your taught correctly. I hope someone gets a little hope from this, because it is an awesome opportunity for you who would have no chance of having your own business any other way, to start your own business, and turn it into a little empire with a little hard work. God forbid you do a little work. You mean Aflac doesn't give you somethning for nothing. Oh no, that's not for me. Welcome to the real world people. Hard work is digging and climbing ladders all day, not making phone calls and setting up appointments. I'll make 300 calls if I can 1 sale that'll make me a few grand, and start my career and business. Plus, there are so many avenues money comes from, once you get established. It's crazy. Don't give up so easy people. Believe in yourself a little, and don't knock it for someone else in the mean time, because you don't. I wanna be wealthy one day and Aflac is Going to make that happen. God Bless all of you. I hope you are successful at whatever position you take. For me my position taking days are over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment