Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 08:40 AM

543 posts, read 3,078,000 times

Advertisements

if u live close to the Mexican border, could u get ur surgery or expensive medical procedures done there (i suppose it's quite cheap there?) if u don't have health insurance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 08:56 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansoku View Post
if u live close to the Mexican border, could u get ur surgery or expensive medical procedures done there (i suppose it's quite cheap there?) if u don't have health insurance?
Ya, but it will cost you extra for them to scrape the rust off the scalpel or dental probe. Bring your own bullet to bite on too.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:33 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Yes, it is. There is a small town, Algodones, that has made an industry for itself providing dentistry and optometry to Americans. Google it.

If you are unemployed or not insured it's common to go to MX. Also a lot of retired people make a couple trips a year. Do a lot of research and pick good providers.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:42 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,872 times
Quote:

Also please type out the words "you" and "your" this is a message board with completely literate people on it, not a freaking text message with a 14 year old girl!

Old 01-25-2010, 12:34 PM

543 posts, read 3,078,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Yes, it is. There is a small town, Algodones, that has made an industry for itself providing dentistry and optometry to Americans. Google it.

If you are unemployed or not insured it's common to go to MX. Also a lot of retired people make a couple trips a year. Do a lot of research and pick good providers.
I searched it and it's in New Mexico? Why is it cheap if it's in America?

Old 01-25-2010, 04:27 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Quote:
I searched it and it's in New Mexico? Why is it cheap if it's in America?
It IS in Mexico. Right across the border from Yuma.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:22 PM

845 posts, read 2,327,631 times
It will cost you about a 1000 for airfare, but one of the top hospitals on the planet is in Bangkok. There was a very positive piece on it on 60 Minutes several years ago. I go to Nogales sometimes for Dental, but my Thai dentist is three times better.
REALCOST-Online Historical Actual Invoices Marry a nurse, while you're there, just for the heck of it--they don't eat much at all.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:29 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
Loads of gringos go to mexico. My family gets their dental work done across the border. I had 2 surgeries also. A lot cheaper even without using insurance and darn good work.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:31 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Yes, it's quite affordable to get health care in Mexico. For one they don't have completely free health care just for some, everyone pays. You cannot walk into some place in Mexico and demand they treat you like is done in the USA and in the USA the costs for the free patients gets passed onto the paying patients which is one reason it's so much higher here.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:53 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
It IS in Mexico. Right across the border from Yuma.
Yea let me tell you about this place. Right at the border crossing is a massive parking lot on the USA side. It is owned by American Indians. They charge you $20 per day to park there. As you park you will see Americans pushing wheel barrows and shopping carraiges. They will cross the border to buy all kinds of goods and services and wheel them back over the border to our side.

You can go to any one of the many Dentists and get simple fillings for $10 or a root canal for about $75. A basic general doctor will cost you $10 for a visit. You can even do a months grocery shopping for about $20 but who would eat that crap. Every service and product is within walking distance from the border crossing.

If you drive from Yuma, do not bring your pets. You will be allowed to bring your pet into Mexico but you will not be allowed to bring it back into the states. The useless waste of flesh at the Indian parking lot will not tell you this in advance because he wants your car to be sitting there at the end of the day so he can take it. So if you bring your dog into Mexico you too will be walking through the dark desert in the middle of the night to get into America.

No this did not happen to me but it almost did if not for a nice lady who stopped us and told us. Soon others gathered and said the same thing.

Everyone was bringing all kinds of goods back over the border. The guards at the crossing gave some quick peeks into bags and let them through. America has just about the crappiest health care in the modernized world. Despite that I would not go to Mexico. I cant even stand their disgusting food with all that green goo on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment