U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2010, 07:07 PM

8,998 posts, read 12,446,670 times

Advertisements

WUSA9.com | Washington, DC | Whole Foods Employees Have New Healthy Discount Incentive Program

Do you agree or disagree with this program?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 09:49 PM

3,111 posts, read 6,510,771 times
The program would be suited for the company. Would you pay for a personal trainer who is fat?
In general, a part of me agrees, and a part disagrees. The BMI is not accurate, and does not account for muscular weight.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:34 PM

4,551 posts, read 9,580,135 times
I love it so much!

Old 02-03-2010, 07:41 PM

361 posts, read 904,156 times
I think it's a great idea. Whole Foods as an employer should really only have employees who enjoy, are passionate about, and personally partake in nutrition and health. There are plenty of other jobs out of shape people can work in. I love working out and eating right, and I would absolutely love to take a job at Whole Foods that some fat/out of shape person probably hates and is miserable in. Not to mention, such a discount would really help me out. I mean, why work at Whole Foods if you hate being healthy? That's like working at Best Buy and hating electronics. Or working at a butchery and being a vegetarian. Or being a veterinarian and hating animals. Or moving to Jamaica and hating marijuana. etc etc. u know what i mean. It's like one other person said, you don't want a personal trainer that's fat. It's time for America to wake up. You can't exercise with video games and you can't diet with Taco Bell. I really don't understand why people put up such a fuss about fitness, unless it's for financial reasons. In which case, fat Whole Foods employees, get in shape and take advantage of that discount!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or