Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2010, 08:24 PM

10,833 posts, read 14,929,565 times

Advertisements

It got my attention and I laughed.

I don't think it is a scam because it is so specific and the target audience would be so small.

Pay seems high for someone with 3 years experience (this is considered entry level) but about right for five years. And 3 years for a project manager? That is not enough for anything but the simplest project.

But the "limited relocation" sounds standard for the industry. Usually they will pay partial if you sign an agreement to stay one year.

The talk about product lines and competitive markets seems strange... we don't sell product lines but being a recruiter he might be repeating what he sees so often.

If it is a scam it's only targeted to about 100 people in New York state and why would he do that?

If I were looking I would answer it just because it intrigues me.

FIRE SPRINKLER PROJECT MANAGER - DESIGNER - CT AND NEW YORK Job in CT AND NEW YORK (Connecticut, USA, United States) - 3566168
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 12:31 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,484,528 times
This is the recruiter (http://www.crossroadsconsulting.com/fork/Job-Openings-ListList.asp - broken link). Maybe all the salaries seem high? Not that I would know though.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:35 PM

11,295 posts, read 18,876,476 times
Fire sprinkler systems are a niche field where there may actually be few qualfied candidates even in this economy, thus the higher salary. There's someone on here called NICET4 who posts about the NICET certification and being a fire sprinkler INSPECTOR and how the jobs go begging because you need a special education only offered in a couple of states, etc.

Oh wait a minute (feeling a "duh" moment and reediting)......that NICET4 guy IS the OP here. Sorry about that.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:25 PM

10,833 posts, read 14,929,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
This is the recruiter (http://www.crossroadsconsulting.com/fork/Job-Openings-ListList.asp - broken link). Maybe all the salaries seem high? Not that I would know though.
Actually the salary seems low for the area but sounds about right for someone with as little experience as they are asking for.

But the whole point was the wording which I got a kick out of.

If I were looking I would never answer an ad through a recruiter and don't know why anyone would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment