News, Bites, bugs, toxic fumes among veterinarians' occupational hazards.
A couple of years ago, one of my blog's dear readers sent me a link to an occupational hazard I'd never considered possible in my profession: toxic gas exposure.
In this strange case, a dog ingested some unknown chemical, became ill and emitted sickening fumes while being treated at an animal hospital. Veterinarians and staff had to call in a human medical team to care for their own reactions.
Bites, bugs, toxic fumes among veterinarians' occupational hazards - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/pets/2010-03-25-dolittler26_N.htm - broken link)