U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 09:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,743 times

Advertisements

[quote=Charles;13941237]No background check required?

Unfortunely, i am also a SO and it seems impossible to get a job. I wouldnt mind working at a sea port. It is a job. My offense was in 1986. I did ten years in prison, and 5 on parole. I have completed it all so i have no restriction. My technical skill are in computer repairs. In addition i have Computer Information System degree, A.A.S. Can anyone help me. I am willing to do just about anything but within reason of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,296 times
i am currently looking for work but due to a small theft charge on my background i am being denied.. is there any jobs out there that do not do background checks....i need to get a job asap...any advice would be appreciated ... thank you

Old 06-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Status: "May be leaving CO sooner than I thought." (set 4 days ago)

116 posts, read 69,512 times
Well my partner, who is a SO and still on parole was lucky. She got a job at KFC and at a Curves over two years ago.

The unfortunate downside is that she left the KFC job to get more hours at Curves, and now the club is about to close on Friday. She will be unemployed again. It took her six months to get those two jobs in the first place.

The only positive note is that we are leaving the state by the end of the year, so we're hoping she will have some luck in CO.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,156 times
Any jobs out there for a bench warrant served, for a misdemeanor case of possession of marijuana this would be my 3 case of getting caught.My last and final incident was last year,Any hope for me?

Old 10-03-2013, 10:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,017 times
Ever thought about paying a lawyer to expunge your criminal history. If you have the money then you should think about it. If not, try to borrow some from friends or family who know you best. I know it is spendy but that would probably be the best is to get rid of that.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:16 PM

6,063 posts, read 4,404,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennewh View Post
Ever thought about paying a lawyer to expunge your criminal history. If you have the money then you should think about it. If not, try to borrow some from friends or family who know you best. I know it is spendy but that would probably be the best is to get rid of that.
Some additional good advice I got from a former cop................if you know you are in the right fight it don't take a plea......spend the money for an attorney......because with a conviction it may be next to impossible to get a job.

Old 05-08-2014, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 521 times
i have a petty theft charge in october 2012, it is now 2014. i was also convicted and pled guilty. i been having interviews but turned down because my background check didnt pass. how long do i have to wait til my petty theft charge doesnt show up on my background? or how long do i have to expunge or seal it?

Old 05-08-2014, 08:16 PM

6,063 posts, read 4,404,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakingAChange91 View Post
i have a petty theft charge in october 2012, it is now 2014. i was also convicted and pled guilty. i been having interviews but turned down because my background check didnt pass. how long do i have to wait til my petty theft charge doesnt show up on my background? or how long do i have to expunge or seal it?
Check your state laws it should be between 3-7 years, probably closer to 3.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastcountryboy View Post
I am currently employed as a "Vocational Consultant" (Job coach, job developer) I work with individuals with disabilities, mostly developmental in nature, in trying to find them jobs in the community.

Due to there Developmental Disability, many of them are very limited to what they can do and many of them have very little if any work experience.

For some, all we can do is fill out job applications and see what happens. For others, all we can do is get them into a volunteer position in order to help develop their skills but....here's the problem.

So many jobs/volunteer positions require a background check nowadays. On my caseload I have a registered sex offender, I have an individual with a 14 year-old felony charge of theft, I have people who may not be registered as sex offenders but are not allowed to be around kids (mostly)

These people don't quite understand why and...due to confidentiality issues I can't tell potential employers that when I'm trying to market their abilities.

As per the state, I am supposed to get them a paid position, preferably full-time but I'm, running out of ideas and would like to hear any suggestions.

Thanks
I have a criminal background, I received a DWI in 1998, then I was charged with Bigimy in 2006, however I was not convicted of bigimy, instead placed on deferred adjudication. It is very hard to find someone who will hire you with that on your record. At the present time I don't have the money to get the Bigimy charge off my records. What do I do

Old 05-23-2014, 12:34 PM

2,306 posts, read 4,693,634 times
Goodwill hires people with criminal records. However they don't pay so well.

If you have a probation officer/case worker, they can usually give you a list of local employers that would be willing to hire you in spite of your criminal record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment