Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 07:57 PM

12 posts, read 26,681 times

Advertisements

They have to process the information and call and arrange the next step?

So I got a call back from a job I applied for some time back, and it is from a temp agency.

I answered several questions and the lady politely thanked me and told me that she had to send it to the person in charge of the job to go over my qualifications and the next step would be to take a test and have an interview.

I've had several similar statements over the last few months, and none of the phone interviews I've had panned out.

Is this a bad sign, or is it more likely that the job was just filled by somebody else and I wasn't notified? Seems like a polite way to tell me that my interview sucked and get off the phone with me. That may be my paranoia though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 08:14 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,718,012 times
People read to much into what interviewers say. She can't make the decision to move you on, someone else can. She'll look over the applicants with someone else, if you are a finalist, you'll get a call.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:20 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
When I had phone interviews they would also set up an immediate interview.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:27 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,899,264 times
There is nothing to be gained by analyzing the interviewer's every word. If they are interested, they'll call. If not, it shouldn't problem for you because you should have already moved on to the next application or interview.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:00 PM

12 posts, read 26,681 times
Well, good news! They called back today and set me up an interview for Monday. It's a temp agency so I have to take some tests or something as well.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:01 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,025,051 times
That's great!

When I did some phone interviews recently, I told all of them the same thing at the end of the interview, "We're looking at several applicants and will be in touch one way or the other to either schedule an in-person interview or let you know we've decided to go with another candidate." I even said this to the guy that I pretty much knew we'd end up hiring.

So like someone else mentioned, don't read too much into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search