Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 11:45 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times

Advertisements

It's usually the corporate culture. Everybody is indoctrinated into the culture and they tend to shun and eliminate those who question the status quo. If you don't want to make enemies you will shut up and stop thinking at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Well, at least one person thinks it's not the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 11:47 PM

IMHO your first comment is somewhat calloused and biased considering your revealing last comment in bold at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound47 View Post
Who cares? They aren't hurting you, let it go. At this point it's professional, meaning you don't have a horse in the game. You have absolutely no business straightening this guy out, and in all honesty, if I was you boss and saw your posts here I would fire you tomorrow. It seems like you only make enemies at work, only make enemies here, see a trend? For all I know you're a nice guy, heck, I might well like you, but you have no sense about your role as an employee.
, but you know how many people have threatened to "have my job" or "bankrupt my company" because they were made? Probably a dozen.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:50 PM

Good luck with the lawyers. Eek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
You should have a legal department or a lawyer and be getting advice from them.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:51 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
And the OP's case is what happens when corporations are dysfunctional. All it takes is one uptight customer to expose anything unjust or unfair. And it's perfectly fine in my book. As long as he/she believes it to be truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I truly believe the OP works in a dysfunctional work environment. It's not all about her/him but the entire department is mismanaged or problematic.
The OP has created so many threads on his allegedly dysfunctional work environment, dysfunctional policies, dysfunctional managers and dysfunctional coworkers yet, if my memory serves me well, has been with the company for four years. Hardly a testimony to how dreadful a place it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
You should have a legal department or a lawyer and be getting advice from them.
I'm sure the company does have legal representation. According to the OP who is a P/T worker, he followed company policy in documenting his interaction with the disgruntled customer, did what he was asked to do but isn't content with that. For someone who holds the company, its management, employees and policies in such low esteem, it seems pretty incongruous that he's now wanting to play The White Knight. He says, "The customer is trying to pressure us into paying him for money he lost for his own mistakes and is giving us bad press we don't deserve." Us? What "us"?

Once again, VAW, mind your own business and just do the job you're paid to do before it's not there any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment