Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 11:10 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,141,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
When the USA goes to **** i'd rather not be here honestly. There are those who think it is honorable to go down with the ship, I say its stupid. Thats why I was asking my question. Oh and may I add Canadian schools (even the top ones) are incredibly affordable (for international students) compared to almost all of the out-of-state tuition prices here in America.

tuition? you must mean the paid for by the goverment schools. because there isnt anything such as a free lunch because someone else always has to pay for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 06:24 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,841,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerouac2 View Post
Why would any American want to immigrate to Canada? It is much colder there, and the Canadians benefit from a lot of social services that strike fear into the hearts of most Americans either because they reek of "big government" or "communism." Most Americans would feel more at home in places like Cambodia or Syria, where the weather is nice, guns are used frequently, and the government provides practically no services at all.
What Americans hate about Canada I love. America is falling apart and I don't feel safe here anymore.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:25 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,841,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
tuition? you must mean the paid for by the goverment schools. because there isnt anything such as a free lunch because someone else always has to pay for it.
I never said the tuition was non-existent which I have heard about, I'm just saying from what I've seen its much more affordable than here in the states.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:38 PM

10 posts, read 14,342 times
Quote:
Which country would it easiest for US born citizens to immigrate to, currently speaking?

What would be the pros and cons of living in that country specifically?

For those who know, what does the job market revolve around in that country (example : Iceland = Fishing)?

Any other random details anyone wishes to add on the country they believe it would be easiest for American citizens to immigrate to.
England, Australia, Holland, Germany, Canada

Old 06-27-2010, 02:43 PM

2,015 posts, read 3,370,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercis View Post
England, Australia, Holland, Germany, Canada
It's not easy to immigrate to England (actually the UK as England does not have separate immigration to the rest of the nation). You must be in a shortage occupation or other strict requirements. Besides, they are getting even tougher on non-EU immigrants now.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:11 PM

211 posts, read 564,308 times
Quote:
Which country would it easiest for US born citizens to immigrate to, currently speaking?

What would be the pros and cons of living in that country specifically?

For those who know, what does the job market revolve around in that country (example : Iceland = Fishing)?

Any other random details anyone wishes to add on the country they believe it would be easiest for American citizens to immigrate to.
I don't really see why Americans would want to immigrate to another country. However, I guess if some Americans had specific political or romantic reasons, their political or romantic persuasion would determine their new home country and they would have to overcome whatever obstacles stood in the way of immigration.

I have chosen to expatriate myself and work overseas for a few years to save money and travel around. However, I would never want to immigrate to another country.

Scott

Old 08-01-2010, 11:37 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,539,226 times
Quote:
When the USA goes to **** i'd rather not be here honestly. There are those who think it is honorable to go down with the ship, I say its stupid. Thats why I was asking my question. Oh and may I add Canadian schools (even the top ones) are incredibly affordable (for international students) compared to almost all of the out-of-state tuition prices here in America.
What? I'm sorry but quality of life anywhere outside the US is below our standards. It's that simple and it's funny that you think the US is going down hill I take it. Why do you think that? Because of the economy? Well the economy isn't great anywhere really at the moment. I can't believe people don't realize what we have here.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:42 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,486,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
What? I'm sorry but quality of life anywhere outside the US is below our standards. It's that simple and it's funny that you think the US is going down hill I take it. Why do you think that? Because of the economy? Well the economy isn't great anywhere really at the moment. I can't believe people don't realize what we have here.
not exactly, many many links to support this

2010 Quality of Life Index: 194 Countries Ranked and Rated to Reveal the Best Places to Live – International Living

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0778562.html

Old 08-01-2010, 01:34 PM

13,498 posts, read 18,097,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
What? I'm sorry but quality of life anywhere outside the US is below our standards....
The only way that would be possible were if everyone agreed on what the measuring factors should be for "quality of life," and then the U.S. topped the world

But it's like asking what makes a good vacation spot, a great retirement place, or even just a good restaurant - people are looking for different things.

Quality of life doesn't have one agreed upon standard of measurement.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:11 PM

26,877 posts, read 43,362,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
you cant bear arms?

is it more like england where the criminals have more rights than the victims? mass transit? you mean your mass transit actually makes a profit without goverment subsidies?

universal health care? you mean kanada actually likes having its citizens come down to the USA for health care?

sorry, dont think kanada is a good choice for americans, should just stay in the USA and have some rights instead of having goverment tell you what your privelages are.

In a nutshell, this post illustrates why leaving is a pretty good idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World