Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 03:29 AM

26 posts, read 70,096 times

Advertisements

with the price increase of apartment, many people cannot afford a house in my country .Now house have been a very important factor for a man to find a girl friend.

very crazy ,yes?

what about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 05:03 AM

112 posts, read 279,906 times
In what country ?

Old 11-17-2010, 05:13 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,781,123 times
I don't know what country you're in or what your age is - that could make a difference.

I guess I look at overall fiscal responsibility. I understand in some places like -in the U.S.- California, Hawaii, NYC or Hong Kong, London, Taiwan, NZ, etc. it may take a person longer to afford their own place. That's ok. It's expensive in those places.

I wouldn't date someone who didn't have a house AND spent lots of money on gadgets (cell phones, computers, cameras, GPS, etc), cars, cable, alcohol - not because those things are bad, but because if someone is spending a lot of money on those things, then they aren't saving for the future.

That's how I look at it anyway.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:23 AM

16,284 posts, read 42,968,010 times
In the U.S., feminism hit about 50 years...making it not a 100% requirement for men to do absolutely everything for women.

In the U.S., it is 50/50 the partners working together. Generally, people in the U.S, meet and fall in love, and then decide to go on 'the adventure' of home ownership together.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:38 AM

43,303 posts, read 43,983,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
In the U.S., feminism hit about 50 years...making it not a 100% requirement for men to do absolutely everything for women.

In the U.S., it is 50/50 the partners working together. Generally, people in the U.S, meet and fall in love, and then decide to go on 'the adventure' of home ownership together.
In the U.S.A. and in Israel, couples buy a home (house or apt.) together after they get married. It is perfectly acceptable to be renting a place to begin with.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:48 AM

5,587 posts, read 10,586,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happylily View Post
with the price increase of apartment, many people cannot afford a house in my country .Now house have been a very important factor for a man to find a girl friend.

very crazy ,yes?

what about you?
This might be better off in the Relationships forum. Frankly what some of the girls in there come out with scares the hell out of me and makes me glad gay relationships are a lot simpler with the chemistry "Like this guy wants to go out with me but he, like doesnt even have a big house and great car?????? like, eww what a loser?????"

Old 11-17-2010, 10:53 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,400,038 times
Women are hopeless romantics who don't care about money or lifestyle. No, really. Stop lauging at the back.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:01 PM

5,022 posts, read 7,430,117 times
Ok i will take a punt and say our origonal poster is Chinesse.

In most western countries these days its becoming increasingly more normal for a couple to move into a property owned by the women, although its might still not be as common as moving into a property owned by a man or buying once you become married (i dont have anything to back this up)

I suppose as china evolves so will its culture, in big expensive cities its just not possible for a person to buy a house by themselves unless they have some really high paying job, and i suppose people have to accept this and change accordingly.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:44 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,029,280 times
If a girl doesn't like me because I live in a van by the river, that is her loss.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:01 PM

10,781 posts, read 8,696,159 times
When I met the man I've been married to for 27 years, he didn't own a car and lived in a rental apartment. I couldn't have cared less because it was the person I was into, not his stuff. We had a great lifestyle before kids, living close to work so we could walk there, unburdened by car & mortgage payments so we could create some great memories traveling the world together. I think it would have been a drag to jump right into a life together worrying about mortgage payments and house maintenance costs. When would you get the time and energy to build your relationship?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World