Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2010, 09:37 AM

1,618 posts, read 1,629,887 times

Advertisements

I was shocked yesterday when I heard in the television in USA about one of the leaks where Hillary Clinton , the secretary of Foreign Affairs for United Stated of America, referred to the president of Argentina, Mrs. Kirchner, as a mentally unbalanced individual. I tought that president Chavez of Venezuela was the only one bully that likes to express himself so derogatory about other States presidents and World political personalities. Personally I have nothing against americans in general, but how dissapointing they are when comes to protocolary statements public or privately. Definetely is tru what I always have heard about the american protocol as the poorest one in the World. After this in my humble opinion, Hillary Clinton does not differs at all from Hugo Chavez. Just two of a kind !!

Old 11-30-2010, 09:45 AM

16,265 posts, read 43,035,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
I was shocked yesterday when I heard in the television in USA about one of the leaks where Hillary Clinton , the secretary of Foreign Affairs for United Stated of America, referred to the president of Argentina, Mrs. Kirchner, as a mentally unbalanced individual. I tought that president Chavez of Venezuela was the only one bully that likes to express himself so derogatory about other States presidents and World political personalities. Personally I have nothing against americans in general, but how dissapointing they are when comes to protocolary statements public or privately. Definetely is tru what I always have heard about the american protocol as the poorest one in the World. After this in my humble opinion, Hillary Clinton does not differs at all from Hugo Chavez. Just two of a kind !!
I haven't seen or paid attention the leaks at all.

But, I can certainly assure you, that is simply the way Americans talk with each other, and about each all the time.

'Mentally unbalanced individual' is a rather loose term that is thrown around pretty much all the time when two Americans are talking about other people.

I think its almost a cultural thing built strongly into the American psyche. From being abroad a long time, I don't generally notice other nationalities use those types of references so much. That being said, pretty much ALL the english-speaking countries - Brits, Aussies, etc., would have a ton of similar phrases as that.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:46 PM

13,498 posts, read 18,119,444 times
Quote:
Quite frankly I cannot imagine that leaders and diplomats of foreign countries do not refer to American leaders in very unflattering terms in communications that they believe to believe private.

After all, even friends sometimes exchange unflattering remarks in private about other friends.

It is human nature to do so.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:31 PM

888 posts, read 1,587,003 times
Had the president of Argentina made a similar, or even much harsher comment about Hillary Clinton, or for that matter any American politician, it wouldn't have even made the news.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:48 PM

24,348 posts, read 26,782,334 times
Quote:
Your spelling is horrible btw. Second, do you think Clinton is the only politician to make a derogatory comment about another? There's all kinds of stuff from leaders around the world. I think the founder of wikileaks needs to be sentenced to jail for espionage or something along those lines. I know the Australian government is trying to find a law that would allow them to charge wikileaks. The United States is attempting the same thing. It's an embarrassment for the United States and OTHER countries. There's thousands of pages from name calling from China to countries in Europe to countries in the Middle East. It's human nature, do you really think politicians are the best mannered people in the world. They are usually the worst, that's how they got into power! You are very naive. Comparing Clinton to Chavez? It doesn't matter if you hate them both, but please tell me how they are similar?

Old 11-30-2010, 05:54 PM

512 posts, read 1,179,572 times
There are publications from WikiLeaks that insult also Merkel and Sarcozy. Having read these leaks I'm wondering if there are serious people in American government, both the publications and the way they were "protected" are very unprofessional. I doubt if the US really protect eastern European NATO states, it turns out that US cooperates well with Russia. Anyway: WikiLeaks is America's BIG problem now and there are NO excuses from them.

BTW don't you think that US have too many problems now? Iraq, Afghanistan, financial crisis, population growth, public debt, and now WikiLeaks. What if Korean war broke out now? I'm just wondering - if anything really bad happens to USA there is no option for Americans to escape from the country - Canada and Mexico wouldn't let people in, Europe either. Let's hope US have a plan to get over these hardships...

Old 11-30-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Your spelling is horrible btw. Second, do you think Clinton is the only politician to make a derogatory comment about another? There's all kinds of stuff from leaders around the world. I think the founder of wikileaks needs to be sentenced to jail for espionage or something along those lines. I know the Australian government is trying to find a law that would allow them to charge wikileaks. The United States is attempting the same thing. It's an embarrassment for the United States and OTHER countries. There's thousands of pages from name calling from China to countries in Europe to countries in the Middle East. It's human nature, do you really think politicians are the best mannered people in the world. They are usually the worst, that's how they got into power! You are very naive. Comparing Clinton to Chavez? It doesn't matter if you hate them both, but please tell me how they are similar?
Thanks, but you know what? my spelling is horrible thanks to my keyboard and I am not a type-writer, I am a writer.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moskiter View Post
There are publications from WikiLeaks that insult also Merkel and Sarcozy. Having read these leaks I'm wondering if there are serious people in American government, both the publications and the way they were "protected" are very unprofessional. I doubt if the US really protect eastern European NATO states, it turns out that US cooperates well with Russia. Anyway: WikiLeaks is America's BIG problem now and there are NO excuses from them.

BTW don't you think that US have too many problems now? Iraq, Afghanistan, financial crisis, population growth, public debt, and now WikiLeaks. What if Korean war broke out now? I'm just wondering - if anything really bad happens to USA there is no option for Americans to escape from the country - Canada and Mexico wouldn't let people in, Europe either. Let's hope US have a plan to get over these hardships...
You are right Moskiter, but besides that, somepeople are going to think that I am crazy for I will say here. These Wikileaks somehow are necessary for the humankind to know the real american way and not what americans and their politicians , their stablishments and mainstream try to sell all the time to the rest of the World. Wikileaks has true transparency, not the american media. I think from now on, America and its leaders and politicians in general are going to be much more carefull when referring about foreing statists and other goverments.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:52 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,720,773 times
This topic is far more suited to the Politics forum where members will have a choice of several threads on Wikileaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.