Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 08:00 PM

292 posts, read 633,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingAround View Post
Miami.

The ONLY cities worth seeing that I have not been to are Buenos Aires, Moscow, Paris and Madrid. I have been everywhere else in the world (even eastern Europe and Brazil)....hands down Miami is uncomparable for hot people and great nightlife.
Interesting. You're saying Miami is better than even Eastern Europe and Brazil for nightlife and good-looking people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 01:10 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,161,017 times
I second what many others have said and say that Bangkok is one of the most exciting cities in the world. The atmosphere just buzzes and you feel like your senses are always on the verge of going into overload. I go there every few years and it gets better every time I visit. There's just so much to do and most things are so cheap that a moderately middle class tourist can live it up like a king. And Thais have such a warm and laid back attitude that you feel welcome and at home while you're there.

Also, there still seems to be this stigma attached to Bangkok that it's a seedy, third world city. Well in some ways it still is, but it's also an ultra modern cosmopolitan city at the same time. And I think that's one of the aspects that makes it so exciting. The clashing contrasts of classical Thai architecture mixed with 21st century modernity mixed with a who gives a damn sensibility makes being there a constantly engaging experience. I love BKK.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:37 PM

54 posts, read 113,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimelessClassic View Post
Interesting. You're saying Miami is better than even Eastern Europe and Brazil for nightlife and good-looking people?
I can vouch for Miami having amazing nightlife and very good looking people.

Been there a few times with buddies, every time I've gone it was for about a week.

Miami (Miami Beach + Brickell that is) is alive pretty much 24 hours a day. From early in the morning, ocean drive has tons of people eating breakfast at the cafes outside and hitting the beach afterwards. And yes, a lot of beautiful women... a ton more than any other average city.

Crystal clear turquoise water + beautiful beaches + beautiful women + amazing (but expensive) nightclubs and bars + sunny tropical weather = always a great time.

I have never been to Rio so I can't compare the two. I would love to hear a comparison from someone who has been to both cities numerous times while young and wild!

Old 09-27-2011, 01:05 AM

501 posts, read 1,425,576 times
Tokyo - For being what it is.
Osaka - For being a slight opposite of Tokyo. But, it's still a pretty interesting place to walk around and get lost in it.
Sydney - For the food and people watching~!!
Melbourne - For the atmosphere~! And trolleys! <3
New Orleans - An interesting city to walk around at night and observe the culture. It's no NYC with congested streets, but there are still a good number of people out and about.
Dallas - For being an empty city, which is a nice change for me. I like that you barely see anyone out. It's nice to look at the architecture.
San Fran - For the touristy Fisherman Wharf and steep hills.
Anaheim - For being the only city that made me do a double head turn because I haven't seen it for many years. The place has developed beyond recognition. So, it was exciting for me to see it turn into a different kind of city.
Hamilton, Bermuda - The architecture, the people, the way of life and the environment. So what if there isn't much to do, visitor-wise, other than going to the beaches and do a little shopping? It's a city of its own...
Amsterdam - The way the houses are built, the canals, the color "orange", and the history...
Cairo - The only city where I almost got run over by a car. I got a chance to see what an Egyptian mall looks like. Riding the Nile was interesting. Not to mention, you can easily hear the honking highway traffic from a very very far distance of your multi-story tower hotel room. (<- I wouldn't exactly call that exciting though... -.-)
Taipei - Walking around and see how much has changed over the past couple of years. The drivers and scooter people still drive crazy like no tomorrow. The night market is still jam packed as usual. =.= I don't think I want to go to another night market again.
Paris - Atmosphere was different than anywhere else in France with all those cars. It's a pretty city at night. I don't really remember much. Memorable event: Caught a "flasher" right near the Eiffel Tower. X__x
Venice - The only place in the world where a city gets flooded partially by water at night. It's interesting to see how residents get by in their boats just to get to their front doors. It's not quite fun when you're in the midst of a crazy tourist season and all bridges are packed with humans.

Last. but not least, my backyard city, NYC. It's got a melting pot of authentic food of many countries. It's got less eye candy than Tokyo. It has a numerous amount of tourist traps and spots. Many celebrities walking around without Hollywood on their backs. Numerous places being filmed for TV and films. Not to mention, crazy taxi drivers and lots of honkers. Yet, I don't count it "exciting" until Uniqlo spreads Westward (out of NYC). I also demand the great Daiso Japan to spread further....until it reaches my territory. Where else can I buy a "Made in Japan" garbage can? Mitsuwa doesn't even carry garbage cans... T__T

Old 08-04-2012, 06:07 AM

2 posts, read 4,070 times
just BIG cities r always the most exiting, trust me, *****, weed n E, parties, That london, new york on top, then probebly milan, paris and all them cities. All I no is i bet Asia completely sucks and is boring as ****, seriously all they do is work and i no its good to stay civalised but what about the FUN guys, come on, STEP YOUR LIFE GAME UP!!!

Old 08-04-2012, 06:16 AM

292 posts, read 633,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasick View Post
just BIG cities r always the most exiting, trust me, *****, weed n E, parties, That london, new york on top, then probebly milan, paris and all them cities. All I no is i bet Asia completely sucks and is boring as ****, seriously all they do is work and i no its good to stay civalised but what about the FUN guys, come on, STEP YOUR LIFE GAME UP!!!
Asia is the largest and most diverse continent. It has many different cultures, ethnicities and religions. You can't generalize like that. There are many, many fun and interesting cities in Asia, from the Middle East to the Indian subcontinent to China, Japan, S. Korea, Thailand, etc.

Trust me, as far as work and fun are concerned, nobody "lives to work" as much as people do in the USA.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:39 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,003,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasick View Post
My god...what a juvenile judgement! You really need to get out of your own box and explore what's really on this globe. I guarantee it will change your perspectives!

And Kasick, what's your nationality?

Old 08-04-2012, 10:01 AM

370 posts, read 651,942 times
Paris and London. and in some instances NYC.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:34 AM

356 posts, read 1,062,245 times
Wow no love for Mexico city, I guess most people who've commented never been.

Of the three north American giants (LA, NYC & DF) I found the Mexican capital to be the most thrilling city. It's filled with superlatives, often claimed to be the largest city in the world. Is equal with NYC, London and Paris with the amount of museums and theatres. No other city in the America's boasts as many cathedrals, convents and palaces as Mexico city. It is home to the second largest Catholic pilgrimage site, after the Vatican. The city is home to he only royal castle in the americas. Has the second largest public square in the world also . The food scene in DF is downright incredible, going for the food is enough reason to go there. The city is so contrasting with its architecture, from old world opulence, modern skyscrapers, aztec ruins to neighborhoods with more art deco than Miami. Mexico city is fascinating because at times it can come to feel like: Paris, Madrid,NYC, LA, Algiers And la Paz all within a relative distance from each other.

Mexico city has always strived for greatness, unfortunately, it's negative reputation still over shadows everything I described above.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:29 PM

319 posts, read 623,154 times
I'd say Tokyo or NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World