Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where to?
Brazil 2 12.50%
Venezuela 0 0%
New Zealand 2 12.50%
Australia 2 12.50%
Chile 1 6.25%
Spain 1 6.25%
Norway 6 37.50%
Argentina 0 0%
Other 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 04:18 AM

9,317 posts, read 14,225,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusD View Post

I'm 19 ... I'd like to find a place that is fairly safe, clean, economically strong and most importantly has good governance and a population which isn't materialistic. ... I want to live in peace amongst caring people with good morals in a beautiful environment. Where would you go with these requirements?
You're 19. I'm not.

Sorry to break it to you, but the answer is not among humans.

Having said that, if you really must, the best bet among the countries you listed may be Chile.

Study Spanish, enroll in some kind of university program that allows you to live there, develop skills that are competitive both globally and in the local context that allow you to earn a living, find a woman with good moral values (nobody's perfect, but there are a few) whose skills usefully mesh with yours and with a tight-knit extended family, understand what marriage is and take it very seriously, hopefully the other, and others in her family, do the same, marry her, and live happily ever after.

With lots of bumps along the way, some as high and tough as the Andes themselves, but you, stiff-ass, can make it.

Good Luck!

Last edited by bale002; 01-20-2011 at 04:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 06:17 AM

44 posts, read 221,147 times
Venezuela is not safe (it's currently the most dangerous country in SouthAmerica) and is not economically strong because of his current President. Brazil is not safe either but it is economically strong. Argentina is safe but it doesn't have a good governance.

Chile, on the other side, is economically strong, politically stable, safe and clean so I'd pick Chile.

PD: Just in case, I'm Peruvian, not Chilean.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:59 AM

12,073 posts, read 23,155,986 times
Have you done any research on immigration and whether any of the countries you mentioned allow foreign nationals to work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World