Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 09:40 PM

43 posts, read 48,414 times

Advertisements

I have a plan to go on a trip to one of the asia countries this summer.I read the news about Bucketlist (the places we should go to before we die).Many famous spots were listed on it and I was trying to find if there are any asia places listed. but I found only one. Korea Changdeok secret garden that is the only asia spot that I found on top 7 spots. actually, I don't know Korea well. because it's my first trip to asia. but I felt to go there once, seeing various photos about that place. that place is like a secret garden available royal family(Chosun dynasty's) and veryconvenient for travelers because it is located in the central area of capital city-Korea seoul. that place is likely to be very quite surrounded by a dense forest & flowers and has ponds & rest areas. people who have been to there said, it has preserved the oriental atmosphere for 500 years and can feel mysterious. I like mysterious things and ambience. so, I decided to put it on my travel plan. I attached garden's photos. if you have a plan to go to asia, I think, you may as well consider that place to go once during the asia trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 09:59 PM

385 posts, read 857,268 times
it's a great place to meditate, have a great trip

Old 02-18-2011, 03:04 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,702,293 times
I found Seoul in general to be a place where it is very easy to find quiet and peaceful surroundings. Mostly just on residential streets, even near the center of the city.

Ive seen 11 of the places on this list of 28
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/specia.../lifelist.html
and most, I was not particularly awestruck by.

But I think that is a hokey list, because they identified 7 categories of attractions, and then selected four from each group.

Last edited by jtur88; 02-18-2011 at 03:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World