U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-03-2011, 12:15 AM

43 posts, read 12,392 times
Default ohh..Google you should haven't done like that.

http://postfiles12.naver.net/20110303_235/jellyfish16_12991327654838SLRj_JPEG/dokdo.JPG?type=w3 (broken link)

Rock-ballad singer seeks to promote Dokdo concert as global festival
GANGNEUNG, South Korea, Feb. 28 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's rock-ballad singer Kim Jang-hoon said Monday he wants to develop his special live concert set to be held on the country's historical East Sea island of Dokdo into an international festival in the near future.

"My dream is to promote the 'Dokdo festival' as one of the biggest music festivals in the world," Kim said after being held up by bad weather in Gangneung, some 237 kilometers east of Seoul.

---> a few days ago google earth marked dokdo as a territory of Japan.
i think that should be fixed up correctly. that is quite debateful to both of contries. personally, i support Korea , i think japan is too greedy to expand their influence and they also have a conflict with china on a similar case.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<overall story about this conflict>

dokdo(a island ) is Korea's territory but Japan changed the name of Dokdo to Dakeshima and indicated Dokdo as a disputed territory in Japanese middle school text book. It makes Koreans extremely upset. Japanese got punished by General Lee, Sa-Bu and Ahn, during the Shilla and Chosun period but they are not stillreflect on themselves. They have promoted to make Dokdo to his territory with a precise studies and plans because Dokdo is believed to have abundant undeveloped energy resources.So they have an intention of making problem of Dokdo more serious, which intends to go to International Court of Justice(=ICJ). Moreover, in the USA, they are also trying to change Dokdo as a disputed territory but previous Korean presidents and overseas Korean have protested against that and then the name was correct. As you see, what have we been doing when Japan laid their plans of occupying Dokdo? I reflect that I wasn't interested in Dokdo before the problem arises. But there are many people who make me feel the power of Korean like Jung, Gwang-Tae who was prohibited to entry Japan and Kim, Jang-Hun who puts an advertisement in a well-known newspaper.Besides,one Korean resident in America protested strongly against the distorted indication in front of the Library of Congress.Although Dokdo is tiny and made of two rocks, there is one song like 'Dokdo belongs to Korea', So Dokdo has existed as a land of Korea from Shilla and Chosun period to now and we will protect Dokdo forever. To protect and claim the right of Dokdo, we should learn about precise information and have an interest in Dokdo. We also need to support VANK(=Voluntary Agency Network of Korea) that has taken an active part in the problem of Dokdo.Japanese say 97% of maps in the world use 'sea of Japan' So we are supposed to give up. However, Korean say 3% of maps in the world use 'East Sea'.That's why we can never give up. Hopefully the 3% will be 100% in the near future, even though somebody insists that it is his land but Dokdo belongs to Korea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 03:39 AM

43 posts, read 12,392 times
Default Google you should haven't done like that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN-PwawJS9o

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyfish16 View Post

Rock-ballad singer seeks to promote Dokdo concert as global festival
GANGNEUNG, South Korea, Feb. 28 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's rock-ballad singer Kim Jang-hoon said Monday he wants to develop his special live concert set to be held on the country's historical East Sea island of Dokdo into an international festival in the near future.

"My dream is to promote the 'Dokdo festival' as one of the biggest music festivals in the world," Kim said after being held up by bad weather in Gangneung, some 237 kilometers east of Seoul.

---> a few days ago google earth marked dokdo as a territory of Japan.
i think that should be fixed up correctly. that is quite debateful to both of contries. personally, i support Korea , i think japan is too greedy to expand their influence and they also have a conflict with china on a similar case.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

<overall story about this conflict>

dokdo(a island ) is Korea's territory but Japan changed the name of Dokdo to Dakeshima and indicated Dokdo as a disputed territory in Japanese middle school text book. It makes Koreans extremely upset. Japanese got punished by General Lee, Sa-Bu and Ahn, during the Shilla and Chosun period but they are not stillreflect on themselves. They have promoted to make Dokdo to his territory with a precise studies and plans because Dokdo is believed to have abundant undeveloped energy resources.So they have an intention of making problem of Dokdo more serious, which intends to go to International Court of Justice(=ICJ). Moreover, in the USA, they are also trying to change Dokdo as a disputed territory but previous Korean presidents and overseas Korean have protested against that and then the name was correct. As you see, what have we been doing when Japan laid their plans of occupying Dokdo? I reflect that I wasn't interested in Dokdo before the problem arises. But there are many people who make me feel the power of Korean like Jung, Gwang-Tae who was prohibited to entry Japan and Kim, Jang-Hun who puts an advertisement in a well-known newspaper.Besides,one Korean resident in America protested strongly against the distorted indication in front of the Library of Congress.Although Dokdo is tiny and made of two rocks, there is one song like 'Dokdo belongs to Korea', So Dokdo has existed as a land of Korea from Shilla and Chosun period to now and we will protect Dokdo forever. To protect and claim the right of Dokdo, we should learn about precise information and have an interest in Dokdo. We also need to support VANK(=Voluntary Agency Network of Korea) that has taken an active part in the problem of Dokdo.Japanese say 97% of maps in the world use 'sea of Japan' So we are supposed to give up. However, Korean say 3% of maps in the world use 'East Sea'.That's why we can never give up. Hopefully the 3% will be 100% in the near future, even though somebody insists that it is his land but Dokdo belongs to Korea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World