Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2011, 08:07 AM

940 posts, read 1,935,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Russian girls are practical and want a wealthy man to marry. Expensive clothes send a message about who need not apply.
Russian girls like to enjoy life to the fullest, they like to take care of themselves, dress up and feel good about themselves, and not sacrifice their body for pizza and hamburgers. No wonder they are considered some of the most beautiful women in the world.

On the other hand, when my sister's husband came to the US and saw the american women, he was puzzled about how American men find them attractive.

By the way, there are plenty of Russian women, who are very frugal. They like to cook from scratch (like making their own home-made bread) and are very crafty - they like to sew their own clothes and knit. This is not debatable, this was passed down by generations of Russian women, and wasn't lost due to their environment of limited economic resources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 01:46 PM

174 posts, read 639,983 times
My ethnicity is Chinese. But my nationality is American.
And I always refer to myself as Chinese, except for legal purposes; I use American nationality.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:41 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,093,627 times
I get it all the time even when not traveling. Racially, I'm caucasian & asian, but looks wise I look nothing like it. People in Texas mistake me for being Chicano, I flew into DFW and went to buy a Snapple at a shop and the girl at the counter spoke spanish to me, I'm like I'm sorry I don't speak spanish lol so she apologizes. Chicanos in El Paso asked me if I was Chicano lol, so they're surprised when I'm just white/asian.

My old high school Vice Principal asked me if I was native American lol. When I lived in Germany, people would ask if I was Turkish lol. I was walking down the street one day and some American soldiers on the other side of the street when I hear one of them say "I didn't know they had Mexicans in Germany" lmao.

The last time I was in Frankfurt a guy asked me what ethnicity I was, he told me I look European/Arab. In Amsterdam, the Moroccans thought I was white/middle eastern.

Now I'm in the southeast USA where everyone just thinks I'm Mexican which is a negative thing since they're the ones following Arizona in writing immigration laws targeting Mexicans.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:23 PM

285 posts, read 702,940 times
I'm originally from Canada, and sometimes people here in the States pick up on the accent. I'm only a few hours from the border, so that's no big surprise.

The farther south I go, the more likely people are to assume I've got some really exotic US accent, and I've been asked if I'm British or even Australian. My ancestors were mostly Celtic (English, Scottish, Irish), so I guess that is sensible enough.

When traveling in Europe, I've been taken for French and German because I didn't use English unless I was speaking to native speakers of English...unfortunately, it was the French who assumed I was German and vice versa.

My younger brother is adopted, as I was. However, he was born in Korea and his accent is the same as mine. A few people here in the States have been amused by his face and accent that don't seem to match. People have assumed he's Hong Kong Chinese or Japanese and tried speaking those languages to him. They've all been white, so I assume they're eager but confused language students.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:54 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetka View Post
Russian girls like to enjoy life to the fullest, they like to take care of themselves, dress up and feel good about themselves, and not sacrifice their body for pizza and hamburgers. No wonder they are considered some of the most beautiful women in the world.

On the other hand, when my sister's husband came to the US and saw the american women, he was puzzled about how American men find them attractive.

By the way, there are plenty of Russian women, who are very frugal. They like to cook from scratch (like making their own home-made bread) and are very crafty - they like to sew their own clothes and knit. This is not debatable, this was passed down by generations of Russian women, and wasn't lost due to their environment of limited economic resources.
Woohoo! I'm in. Vodka cocktail, then borsht with sour cream and homemade bread, then pelmeni, then vodka again. Then I let her know how much I love her.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:31 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
As a blonde man, I had alot of people speaking Dutch to me in Amsterdam. I wasn't offended...

Old 12-11-2011, 11:27 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,426,428 times
I'm usually taken for a local wherever I go including Scotland, France or Turkey, to name a few places (must have very common features). My American seat neighbor on a recent flight thought I was Scottish or Irish. Someone randomly told me once I look Romanian (I have no idea what the average Romanian is supposed to look like).

Old 12-11-2011, 12:10 PM

1,239 posts, read 2,793,351 times
In Anglo countries, Canadians and Americans often think I'm English or Irish, Brits and Irish often think I'm American or Australian, and Australians mistake me for American or English. I guess my accent is neutral.

Here I'm mostly thought of as English or German, sometimes Swedish or Dutch, sometimes American, rarely Australian or other European. Generally all foreign white people look and sound to folks here.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:36 PM

105 posts, read 194,596 times
Well Ethnically im Louisiana Creole i speak Louisiana French and do typical Cultural things, Racial im Asian, Caucasian, Native American and American African, and my Nationality is American ( even though i represent myself mainly as Louisianian ).

So basically im different looking, no big deal here in Louisiana but when i travel i get looks i guess racially mixed people to my degree isnt as big in other parts of the nation as Louisiana.

I mostly get Asian, even though my hair is kinky African Afro textured and Red in colour.

Ive been asked Malaysia, Vietnamese and Pacific Islander ( Fijian ) before.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:21 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetka View Post

After about age 40 they sacrifice themselves to too much borscht and vodka. Lol, no offence but most older Russian women do seem to be overweight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World