Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2015, 05:41 PM

846 posts, read 1,057,491 times

Advertisements

I don't travel to get bored, I can do that in my own city. But the two countries I found less exiting were:

Lichtenstein
The Vatican

Although I really cannot say didn't like them both, specially Lichtenstein.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 07:23 PM

9,503 posts, read 16,403,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
I don't understand how anybody can find the U.S. boring? Seriously when you have cities like New York, Boston, D.C., Honolulu, Miami, Chicago, L.A., San Fran, Las Vegas and New Orleans how can you consider that boring? Then there are plenty more other cities not mentioned. Most of those cities that I just listed are completely different from one another in architecture, food, people, lifestyle, etc. Then you have the cultural dynamics of the U.S. that are global like American music, American cinema, T.V. shows, professional sports, college sports, etc. Aside from cities, places like the Everglades, Yosemite, the Rockies, Yellowstone, Applachia, etc are also far from boring.

I can understand that the U.S. might not be your cup of tea, but if you think the U.S. is boring, I think you probably won't be pleased with much else.

I would really like someone to point out another country that has so many diverse and different large cities like the U.S.?

Anyway, I have never been to a boring country. Some that are less exciting, but I wouldn't consider "boring".

I think what bores people from other countries about the USA, is summaries like yours. The constant the USA is this that and the other. The be all end all the worlds countries is tiresome. Tiresome can equal boring real fast.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:42 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,351,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I love everything equally and i'm never bored
I don't even know what bored feels like!

Old 08-01-2015, 01:15 AM

1,950 posts, read 3,513,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
I have heard many travelers through Europe label Luxembourg as boring. I found the architecture to be interesting and visiting was a unique experience.

Has anyone else heard stories of tourists labeling Luxembourg as boring?
Castle after castle after rolling hillside after castle is not boring in my book.

Old 08-01-2015, 11:09 PM

2,276 posts, read 2,631,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
If you travel somewhere and are bored, it's not the country's fault.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:01 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,054,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
If you travel somewhere and are bored, it's not the country's fault.
Only boring people get bored.

And if someone finds USA boring? then it's REALLY not the country's fault, IMO.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,922 times
Default Most boring country ever

To me the most boring place is Germany, pople are rude and *******s

Old 08-03-2015, 12:14 PM

30,506 posts, read 17,955,628 times
Hmm, that's a hard one. I've been to India, China, France, Canada, Australia, Turkey, Norway, the UK, and Bermuda (yes, part of UK). The three most boring (and, when addressing whether a country is "boring" to me I look at things like the level of culinary excitement, night life, and things for tourists to do in general) were, in no particular order, Canada (granted, I wasn't in a large Canadian city), Norway, and France.

Still, I feel that a better question would be what are the 3 most boring cities you've been to. Indeed, traveling to Windsor, Ontario, Canada (as I did) doesn't necessarily give you a complete picture of what Canada is like. And I think one who went to, say, Toronto instead would have a very different opinion of Canada.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:15 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,052,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Hmm, that's a hard one. I've been to India, China, France, Canada, Australia, Turkey, Norway, the UK, and Bermuda (yes, part of UK). The three most boring (and, when addressing whether a country is "boring" to me I look at things like the level of culinary excitement, night life, and things for tourists to do in general) were, in no particular order, Canada (granted, I wasn't in a large Canadian city), Norway, and France.

Still, I feel that a better question would be what are the 3 most boring cities you've been to. Indeed, traveling to Windsor, Ontario, Canada (as I did) doesn't necessarily give you a complete picture of what Canada is like. And I think one who went to, say, Toronto instead would have a very different opinion of Canada.
Agree... A city, a small city at that, isn't quite representative of a whole nation ~ especially one the size of Canada. I wouldn't even say visiting just Toronto, could indicate whether the whole country is boring or not... but in saying that, I'd find anywhere quite interesting, and if you go somewhere, and read up a little of any town, you're going to find something interesting.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:51 AM

10,617 posts, read 15,936,250 times
Most to Least Boring Countries i've been to:

1.Luxembourg
2.Belgium
3.Singapore

4-6 (not in order):
Netherlands, Germany, Austria

7-9 (not in order):
Panama, England, France

10-11 (not in order):
Turkey, Malaysia

12-14 (not in order):
Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia

15-17 (not in order):
USA, Japan, Thailand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World