Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2015, 01:25 PM

8,854 posts, read 8,374,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Would you call them "trivial problems" if they made you depressed?
I've never really experienced European winters so I can't comment on the depressed part, but I honestly find the good parts of the Netherlands more than make up for the cold winters and flat landscape. Mountains can't legalise gay-marriage or cover your medical bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 01:28 PM

10,629 posts, read 15,952,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I've never really experienced European winters so I can't comment on the depressed part, but I honestly find the good parts of the Netherlands more than make up for the cold winters and flat landscape. Mountains can't legalise gay-marriage or cover your medical bills.
the Netherlands is not the only country with legal gay-marriage anymore, medical bills aren't that important when your young and healthy.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
the Netherlands is not the only country with legal gay-marriage anymore, medical bills aren't that important when your young and healthy.
I'm just saying that nature is not that important. We have tons of that but eh, Taiwan is still so much worse than the Netherlands in almost every single way.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I'm just saying that nature is not that important. We have tons of that but eh, Taiwan is still so much worse than the Netherlands in almost every single way.
I would switch locations with you in a heartbeat but i do want to keep my Dutch passport

Old 08-05-2015, 02:27 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,420,288 times
Quote:
No i wanna switch with you, would you like to live in Minnesota?

Old 08-05-2015, 10:41 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,252,707 times
Like every country, the Netherlands has its down sides too. Just don't let it get the best of you. I've thought a long time about moving out, but it's forums like these that made me realize no matter how appealing another country might seem on first sight, you will always encounter a few down sides once you've spent some time there.

All in all i'm convinced i can consider myself lucky to live here.

Old 08-06-2015, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
Like every country, the Netherlands has its down sides too. Just don't let it get the best of you. I've thought a long time about moving out, but it's forums like these that made me realize no matter how appealing another country might seem on first sight, you will always encounter a few down sides once you've spent some time there.

All in all i'm convinced i can consider myself lucky to live here.
I can think of about 50 countries where i would rather live than the Netherlands but only a couple where i was rather born.

I don't consider myself lucky to be born here, I like to call it not that unlucky.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
I would switch locations with you in a heartbeat but i do want to keep my Dutch passport
Hell yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
No i wanna switch with you, would you like to live in Minnesota?
What about...no.

Old 08-07-2015, 02:27 AM

185 posts, read 257,455 times
The most dull:
Canada, France, Austria

the most exciting:
Spain, Morocco, Thailand

Old 08-07-2015, 10:19 AM

7,084 posts, read 12,598,662 times
Quote:
The Netherlands, especially Amsterdam is a great place to visit in the summer but for long term living not so much.
Was is that? I'm sincerely curious. It has history, liberal lifestyle (pot and prostitution legal and viewed as victim-less "crimes"), great art and museums, good public transportation..and a culture that supports bicycles (which I love).

And it's on my bucket list..why is it boring?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World