Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2016, 10:25 AM

37 posts, read 31,225 times

Advertisements

All countries in Eastern and Northern Europe are hellishly boring
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 11:38 AM

12,895 posts, read 13,223,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htc820307 View Post
But Taiwan is very crowded, no space..
It was crowded when I lived there 1957-59. Recently looked on Google Maps at our old residential suburb (Tien Mu) outside Taipei and was astounded at the growth!

Old 06-03-2016, 12:21 PM

8,854 posts, read 8,372,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
It was crowded when I lived there 1957-59. Recently looked on Google Maps at our old residential suburb (Tien Mu) outside Taipei and was astounded at the growth!
Well the population was less than 10 million then, and it's 20+ million now.

But the growth has stopped. Taiwan's birth rate nowadays is amongst the lowest in the world.

Old 06-03-2016, 02:56 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,456,959 times
hmmmmm, can't say I've really found an entire country to be boring but of the ones I have visited these were the least exciting: Netherlands, Austria, and Denmark.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:30 PM

11,556 posts, read 9,283,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I don't think you were trying hard enough. the US is car dominated but it's easy to get around compared to some places like Iraq or Central Asia. Honestly, anyone who considers the USA boring is on another planet.

I've never been truly bored of a whole country, although I find parts of Australia pretty boring. The scenery is monotonous and the culture is very homogenous for miles and miles.

I'd imagine the Eastern European nations would bore me, though. Even Hungary or the Czech Republic doesn't thrill me much. Give me Italy, France, Greece, Britain ANYDAY. I'll try to visit if I can, though, I'll never discount a country merely on my opinion of it.
US is boring outside the major cities tho. Without NYC or Boston or Chicago the US would be a wasteland. Americans owe their standard of living to New York City

Old 06-04-2016, 12:36 AM

7,372 posts, read 15,961,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
What made it so boring? Thinking about spending a part of my holiday here next august.
Landscape looks spectacular.
Some of the best hiking in the world. Truly gorgeous. Just google images of "Madeira levadas" and see how boring it is. (sarcasm)

Old 06-04-2016, 08:49 AM

12,895 posts, read 13,223,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
US is boring outside the major cities tho. Without NYC or Boston or Chicago the US would be a wasteland. Americans owe their standard of living to New York City
Not by a long shot.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:13 AM

14,818 posts, read 11,930,800 times
Quote:
Surely not! how can a country the size of a continent, with mountains, forests, deserts, coastline, swamps and just about every eco system you can get, along with hamlets, towns and cities be described as 'wasteland'!! The US has countless beautiful places, its diverse as anywhere on the planet. I usually don't comment much on places that I've never been to or know very well because I am not really 'qualified' to but in this instance I feel pretty bloody sure that I am right here? Surely?

Old 06-04-2016, 12:02 PM

1,147 posts, read 713,402 times
I'm more interested in particular cities and many countries have both interesting and uninteresting ones.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:03 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,269,811 times
Quote:
Americans owe their standard of living to New York City
That makes no sense. California now has a bigger economy than France. And that's just one of 50 states.

The NYC area is obviously the largest, richest and most important U.S. metro, but there is a TON of wealth throughout the U.S. LA's economy, far behind that of NYC, is still bigger than that of London or Paris.

Even secondary metros with economic problems, like Detroit, would be very rich if in other first world countries. Metro Detroit has roughly the same economic output as Milan, Madrid and Frankfurt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_GDP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World