Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 01:19 PM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,288,905 times

Advertisements

I have heard many travelers through Europe label Luxembourg as boring. I found the architecture to be interesting and visiting was a unique experience.

Has anyone else heard stories of tourists labeling Luxembourg as boring?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 01:24 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,655,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
I

Has anyone else heard stories of tourists labeling Luxembourg as boring?
In the 60s and 70s, towns in Luxembourg were as interesting as anywhere else, with the added psychological quaintness that they were in Luxembourg. The last time I was there, though (80s), I just drove through on the highway, which was just like driving through anywhere else on the highway, with fast drivers in new cars getting on and off the ramps.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:38 PM

2 posts, read 17,236 times
1) Australia (because it's a wanna-be America attitude-wise, very crass, price-wise, and feminism (although America has worse feminism)

2) Hong Kong (people don't know how to party and make a big stink about being groped on public transportation)

3) America itself.

The moment I had gone to my first non-English-speaking country, I was so ecstatic because of how absent feminism was in those types of foreign countries.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:17 PM

956 posts, read 1,762,750 times
[quote=IzzyBoycottsAmericanWomen;20466427]1) Australia (because it's a wanna-be America attitude-wise, very crass, price-wise, and feminism (although America has worse feminism)

2) Hong Kong (people don't know how to party and make a big stink about being groped on public transportation)

3) America itself.

What, you don't make a stink if a gay man molests you ?

Old 08-15-2011, 05:23 PM

4,865 posts, read 5,659,728 times
Brazil and Paraguay. I have only been to 4 countries total and the other 2 are fine by me.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:43 PM

519 posts, read 1,046,729 times
England was boring for me.

I was quite ill when we got there and the weather was terrible. (Rainy, overcast and cold)

We saw Big Ben *yawn* travelled on the underground *yawn* visited Windsor Castle - was ok but I found it creepy that there were graves that you walked on inside the church on the grounds.

There was also a cat on the grounds that I liked and it gave me the opportunity to recite '***** cat ***** cat' but aside from that I was BORED.

When we went to Buckinham Palace I stood outside and looked and looked - but I couldn't feel anything. I thought I would have some kind of emotional response. But nothing.

We also saw the squirrels in Hyde Park - that was AWESOME. I loved those little squirrels!!!

Every other country has been awesome and my best trip was my one this year to South Dakota! It ROCKED!!!

Old 08-15-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudra View Post
[b]

Not really. I know how to deal with issues without making a stink. You can always just laugh and walk away.

The topic here is boring countries. I think a country would be pretty boring, if a gay man never molested me.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:15 PM

185 posts, read 487,135 times
Default How about less interesting?

As many other folks have said, it's the people who make the place. And when you venture outside of the 5 star international hotel and get to see the local back streets only at that time can you pick up the local flavor. Having said that, there are 3 I can think of as "less interesting"

Korea-Situated between Japan and China, Korea has the Worst of both! High prices, people who tend to complain a lot, and generally not an interesting place. Oh sure the DMZ is good for a day, and the old Korean culture is OK, but nothing you can't get in Japan or China and a lot better in both cases.

Ukraine-2 weeks in Odessa and the country side cured my desire to go there again. Sure, the vodka is good, but hurts like heck in the morning. Drab 5 story grey buildings, lousy Ladas, and stone faced people really get to you after a while.

Taiwan-Kind of like China, but not. Sorry, but really nothing good I can say about the area. Sure the East coast is nice, the bullet trains don't crash (like China) and the food is better than a lot in China. But dirt and trash everywhere, horribly polluting scooters, bland bars and restaurants, and high prices just get old.

If I may, let me mention my 3 most interesting places:

Hong Kong-How can you not love Hong Kong? Organized chaos at its finest! Crazy crowded, you find everything from top hotels and shopping, to cheap slop houses and greasy noodles. And unlike Singapore (which I also love) it's genuine-no control, wide open, and a true destination (especially at Chinese New Year)

San Francisco-What a place! Truly one of the world class cities that is very friendly and easy to get around. Expensive yes but man what views!

Vancouver-So much variety in such a small area. Public transport is fantastic, coffee shops everywhere, great mountains and beaches within several km of each other, great place. Just beware of the Chinese drivers!!

Old 08-16-2011, 07:32 AM

2 posts, read 17,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyBoycottsAmericanWomen View Post
1) Australia (because it's a wanna-be America attitude-wise, very crass, price-wise, and feminism (although America has worse feminism)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyBoycottsAmericanWomen View Post

3) America itself.
What country are you from/what country were/are you raised in?

Old 08-16-2011, 09:32 AM

Americans in general are motivated primarily by fear. They start out the day searching for some new and original way to direct their fear. American women are particularly fearful of being looked at or talked to or made eye contact with. That doesn't help to make America a very interesting country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World