Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2015, 04:10 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,100,376 times

Advertisements

Canada, the scenery was great, as was the train-ride, but compared to its neighbour, doesn't compare. Very over-rated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 05:04 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,647,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbobcat View Post
Says more about you really.

gawwd learn sarcasm

Old 07-25-2015, 10:56 AM

280 posts, read 985,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar22 View Post
We have world-class cities like Chicago, Minneapolis and St. Paul
MSP = World-Class..? I would not concur with that..

Old 07-25-2015, 07:52 PM

280 posts, read 985,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcasey98 View Post
There is no Taiga in the Mid-West. Only temperate coniferous forests. .
Wrong, kemo sabe
Attached Thumbnails
The three most boring countries you've been to?-taiga_500.jpg  

Old 07-25-2015, 08:23 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,514,386 times
Canada
USA
Belgium

DOESN'T mean they're actually boring, before you knee-jerk. Just the ones that had me least excited.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:34 PM

3,925 posts, read 2,557,508 times
No 1 (most Boring) Canada

No 2 Mexico

No 3 USA.........

To be fair Mexico was only less boring by a smidge- l was TWO or THREE riding in another car other than w/ parents and we got lost from them! AND Canada was same age!

Yep only countries l have to rate!

Old 07-26-2015, 03:29 AM

4,095 posts, read 3,684,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TumbleBug View Post
England was boring for me.

I was quite ill when we got there and the weather was terrible. (Rainy, overcast and cold)

We saw Big Ben *yawn* travelled on the underground *yawn* visited Windsor Castle - was ok but I found it creepy that there were graves that you walked on inside the church on the grounds.

There was also a cat on the grounds that I liked and it gave me the opportunity to recite '***** cat ***** cat' but aside from that I was BORED.

When we went to Buckinham Palace I stood outside and looked and looked - but I couldn't feel anything. I thought I would have some kind of emotional response. But nothing.

We also saw the squirrels in Hyde Park - that was AWESOME. I loved those little squirrels!!!

Every other country has been awesome and my best trip was my one this year to South Dakota! It ROCKED!!!
North Americans make the mistake of going to all the tourist sites and forget to live the real London.

Spend a Sunday afternoon in Covent Garden getting plastered by mid-day and watch the street artists. Go nuts in Camden lock, try every type of world food in Brixton market, see a west-end show, take a day trip to wacky Brighton, stroll along opulent South Kensington, hang out in Greenwich or Parliament hills, go to a warehouse party in Dalston, marvel at street art in Shoreditch, go during carnival in Notting Hill or at any other time club the night away in Farringdon or Angel.

Tourists are so predictably boooring.

PS: I haven't found any place I've been boring, the closest would be Atlanta, I was so looking forward to getting my crunk on but found it really sleepy for such a prominent US city. Did enjoy piedmont park though.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:06 AM

15,106 posts, read 15,763,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
No 1 (most Boring) Canada

No 2 Mexico

No 3 USA.........

To be fair Mexico was only less boring by a smidge- l was TWO or THREE riding in another car other than w/ parents and we got lost from them! AND Canada was same age!

Yep only countries l have to rate!
So you're rating countries you have been to based on experiences when you were TWO or THREE?

Old 07-26-2015, 08:37 AM

11,223 posts, read 16,369,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
So you're rating countries you have been to based on experiences when you were TWO or THREE?

One time I went to Moldova while still in utero. Hated it. Never went back.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:17 AM

15,106 posts, read 15,763,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
One time I went to Moldova while still in utero. Hated it. Never went back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World