Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 05:52 PM

13,336 posts, read 39,711,403 times

Advertisements

I've been to over 30 countries and do not drink. I even lived in France for 3 years without ever having wine. Not only is it possible, but there are a lot more people out there who don't drink than many people are aware of. When dining with friends who all have wine, no one thought it odd that I would order fruit juice or just plain old water instead.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 12:31 AM

321 posts, read 957,323 times
50% of the French do not drink a drop of alcohol and they seem to get along with the other 50%. Even our president is a teetotaler.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:31 PM

221 posts, read 654,743 times
No it's impossible. You will not get on airplanes if you don't drink and you will certainly not be allowed to pass border controls if you aren't drinking. Also getting a visa is going to be really really hard if you don't show up drinking vodka.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:48 PM

7,823 posts, read 11,712,702 times
I drink 1-3 beers a day usually even when traveling...except I didn't drink much when I was in the Middle east for 2 months as I just had no choice. Getting a beer in Amman, Jordan proved to be such a hassel that it was easier just not to drink than dealing with it and then paying $5/can for it.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:13 PM

360 posts, read 1,082,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
I agree. I don't think this happens as much in other parts of the country, where it is looked on as kind of immature to "drink to get drunk" after your thirties or so. Here in Minnesota, though, a large segment of the adult population actually looks forward to Friday and Saturday (and sometimes other days of the week!) to just "get drunk".
I read awhile back that while it's very common to drink wine with meals in Argentina, as well as in social gatherings, they don't understand the binge drinking that Americans do. It's easy to assume because heavy drinking is so common among young American adults that people in other countries/cultures do the same. Some do, some don't. I rarely drink, but am not against having one. But I think I'd prefer visiting places where heavy drinking isn't so prevalent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World