Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 02:09 AM

110 posts, read 193,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCapital View Post
A group of friends and I were just having a fun discussion about wanting to live in so many places in the world, so I ask you this:

If you were very wealthy and had the chance to have a home in 4 cities, anywhere in the world, where would they be?

For me, it would probably be:
1) Miami
2) NYC
3) Cannes/St-Tropez
4) tough call between Florence, Barcelona, Beirut and Buenos Aires...
Should be fun to hear all the different answers and why!
That will be easy 1)Foxburg, PA I would buy the Fox Manor it is 1200 acres and a couple of incredible homes and it borders 2 rivers cost 20 million.
2)Niagara Falls Ontario, Canada
3)Germany
4)London, England
I'm not into the tropical paradise, I like to have changing seasons and these places are beautiful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 04:49 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,588,471 times
West LA: Despite being against a lot of the "LA attitude" , I've also got an interest in movies, and if I had a lot of money in the bank, I'd make a serious attempt to break into the film industry as a writer/producer.

Manhattan: I imagine having a penthouse here would be awesome.

Amsterdam: My European base of operations. Seems like a pretty cool place, I like the waterways, and I'd definitely enjoy the coffehouses- I just love a good espresso

Puerto Rico: I'd have a big beach compound, with a guest house so my family could come down too.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:03 AM

11,048 posts, read 16,788,591 times
Only four???

1. San Francisco. Either a larger, proper house in the Presidio/Laurel Heights/Richmond District areas, a penthouse in one of the newer towers in SOMA, or a really, really slick loft somewhere.

2. Cote D'Azul, France - Just because it's that damn beautiful. My other places would be pretty urban, and I think it's a good idea to have at least something outside the core to chill. May as well be white, sandy beaches, blue water, gorgeous women, yachts. Totally the antithesis of my working-class Boston sensibilities, but hey... it's not selling out, it's buying in

3. Tokyo. Shinjuku would be pretty slick. Who wouldn't love to wake up at 12pm, roll out of a Vegas king-sized bed, see all of Tokyo spread out hundreds of feet below and then take the elevator down to your R34 Skyline GT-R Vspec Nur to go get some curry rice and potato croquettes?

4. Mayfair, London. Not much more needs to be said....

Old 06-06-2011, 01:43 PM

54 posts, read 113,815 times
It's interesting how much the choices vary person to person lol

Old 06-06-2011, 01:46 PM

5,052 posts, read 13,881,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCapital View Post
It's interesting how much the choices vary person to person lol
That is true.

But it also seems like plenty of people listed some of the same places and similar places in general.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:53 PM

5,052 posts, read 13,881,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Only four???

1. San Francisco. Either a larger, proper house in the Presidio/Laurel Heights/Richmond District areas, a penthouse in one of the newer towers in SOMA, or a really, really slick loft somewhere.

2. Cote D'Azul, France - Just because it's that damn beautiful. My other places would be pretty urban, and I think it's a good idea to have at least something outside the core to chill. May as well be white, sandy beaches, blue water, gorgeous women, yachts. Totally the antithesis of my working-class Boston sensibilities, but hey... it's not selling out, it's buying in

3. Tokyo. Shinjuku would be pretty slick. Who wouldn't love to wake up at 12pm, roll out of a Vegas king-sized bed, see all of Tokyo spread out hundreds of feet below and then take the elevator down to your R34 Skyline GT-R Vspec Nur to go get some curry rice and potato croquettes?

4. Mayfair, London. Not much more needs to be said....
Interesting list.

Yeah, it also was difficult for me to pick just 4.
I have many places in competition for being the 4th place.

I am not surprised about San Francisco, London, and Tokyo for your list.
However, I am surprised by option 2 that you picked with Cote D' Azul France/Southeastern France Riviera.

My list was similar to yours with having some major very urban cities on my list and having the possibility of a smaller city/nature area too.

This was my list:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
1. New York City, USA

2. Hong Kong, China

3. Paris, France

4. I am undecided about my 4th option but it is ONE of these possibilities that are all competing for 4th place:
-Shanghai China
-San Francisco USA
-Vancouver Canada
-Chicago USA
-London England
-A nice small town in a world class nature scenery area.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:55 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,900,902 times
If I were super rich, I'd have a custom built yacht with a heliport that could go to virtually any place on the planet.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:06 PM

11,048 posts, read 16,788,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
Interesting list.

Yeah, it also was difficult for me to pick just 4.
I have many places in competition for being the 4th place.

I am not surprised about San Francisco, London, and Tokyo for your list.
However, I am surprised by option 2 that you picked with Cote D' Azul France/Southeastern France Riviera.

My list was similar to yours with having some major very urban cities on my list and having the possibility of a smaller city/nature area too.

This was my list:
I've never been to the Riviera, but have always wanted to. Someday, hopefully... the main draw to me is that yes, it is much - much - quieter and more relaxed than three dense international centers. I love livin' in the city (that's a reference to the band "FEAR" in case anyone was wondering), but on my days off, we go out to the middle of nowhere to decompress, and I always think how nice it'd be to have a place out there to come to. May as well be an epic middle of nowhere, right?

Old 06-06-2011, 05:18 PM

7,964 posts, read 11,815,965 times
london

rome

rio

monte carlo

Old 06-06-2011, 05:56 PM

10,629 posts, read 15,949,840 times
Most Popular Cities (In this thread) So Far

1.NYC 16
2.London 11
3.Hong Kong 9
4.Honolulu 7
5.Miami 6
6.Tokyo 6
7.Los Angeles 5

Suprising for me that Rio got picked 3 times and Sao Paulo not even once.
Paris only got picked 3 times, kinda shocking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World