Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 11:05 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,637,395 times

Advertisements

Sorry, you'll have to wait until we terraform another planet. They'll make lots of them just like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 01:56 PM

5,886 posts, read 10,485,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
*A 24 hour city
*Within 2 hours by car from a sea
*Clean
*Safe
*Most people can speak/understand English
*Warm and humid weather all year but not hot (so not above 35 degrees celcius please).
*Not to expensive
*Good nightlife
*Foreign friendly
*Laidback people who not only think about work

What places do you recommend?
Buenos Aires seems to fit really well except its not clean . I will go through each one of your points.

0. Probably the most 24 hour city you will ever find. I can guarantee this to you.

1. You can get to San Clemente or coast beach places on the Buenos Aires province, in 2 hours or so. Also you can take a ferry and go to Montevideo and get there pretty soon, too (and they have coast).

2. NOT!

3. Pretty safe, yeah.

4. Everyone speaks and understands english here.

5. Warm weather most of the year. Winters can be cold, though. BA has an average year weather of 18c. Summers are hot but not often the weather goes up to 35c.

6. Its actually very cheap, specially if you have dollars, thats why its full of tourists. Tourist from all over fly here only to eat in amazing restuarants and buy incredible clothes with euros, dollars and even reales. Heaven for shopers.

7. Probably the best nightlife you ll ever find.

8. We love foreings. Actually, people here is nicer to foreingers than to argentinians .

9. Sometimes too laidback. Check what owen wilson says in that dog movie.

So, I can see it goes really well in almost all of your points (except "clean", i cant promise that, though there are some lovely and clean neighbourhoods... not mine!)

Old 07-27-2011, 05:16 PM

973 posts, read 1,700,887 times
Quote:
Yeah i was already thinking of Florida, go there almost every year. But i cant really say that i feel safe in some places in Miami.

Isnt the weather in Cali very dry?

What about Hong Kong, Bangkok, Bali, Buenos Aires or Sao Paulo?

My little Florida beachside town is all on your list except the nightlife and being open 24/7. Good luck with that list of yours...

Old 07-27-2011, 07:06 PM

3,901 posts, read 6,706,812 times
Try the city of Natal, the safest state capital in Brazil:

Natal, Rio Grande do Norte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not so many people understand English there, but it's warm, humid, clean and safe.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:25 PM

10,614 posts, read 15,932,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
Try the city of Natal, the safest state capital in Brazil:

Natal, Rio Grande do Norte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not so many people understand English there, but it's warm, humid, clean and safe.
But very isolated i guess for a Dutch dude who doesnt speak any Portuguese or even Spanish.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:42 PM

3,901 posts, read 6,706,812 times
Quote:
But very isolated i guess for a Dutch dude who doesnt speak any Portuguese or even Spanish.
There are a few Dutch people living in Natal, some are owners of hotels. Not many people, just a few dozens I guess.

Most people in Natal can't understand English, but there are many people in the local elite who speak English, and also some workers of the tourism industry. Of course learning some Portuguese is highly desirable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World