U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 03:22 PM

69,357 posts, read 60,419,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneblock View Post
Hi.
,i intended no visa for retirement or expars
countries like, india south africa, china, singapore,
what is the easier country in terms of immigration,?
(not canada, australia , or european countries)

i know in dominican republic u can stay as long as you want
you only pay for the extension,

Pls reply, im italian born, us resident, soon us citizen
You're an EU citizen, but you're ruling out the EU? There is no such place, then, that you can just walk into without a visa, and become a resident (without a visa or paperwork). How can this be a serious question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 06:22 AM

1 posts, read 2,437 times
I think what you are seeking is impossible. There are always rules and regulations regarding residency in I believe all countries. No country will just freely allow in any person with no money, no job, to freeload off of their economy and services. There are reasons they have this beurocacy in place -- to ensure you are someone who will contribute to their country.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:34 AM

42,670 posts, read 69,858,149 times
Every once in a while a Latin American country requires a visa. I think Brazil has always required one, for a long time. Recently Paraguay and Bolivia have started demanding a $100 single entry vise from Americans, but not from anybody else, as a "reciprocal" penalty for the US making them pay punitive visa fees. In the distant past, I was required to get visas for Panama and Venezuela, but those were discontinued a decade or more ago.

Generally, visas are easy to get. It requires spending a night in some dreadful capital in order to go to the consulate, and maybe return for the visa the next day, but they are issued without hassle and used to be cheap, but a lot of countries (mainly Africa) are now using them as a major source of revenue.

India is the most royal of royal pains in the ass. Once you have your Indian visa (minimum one week, even in person), all the other bureaucracy you will encounter in everything else you do there will seem relatively easy.

There are probably still a few countries that will not issue a visa to Americans, although every other nationality is welcomed. Iran is, I think, one of them, and it is a lovely and hospitable country, it is a shame Americans cannot go there.

I've heard that Cambodia issues a short visa at the border, but once inside, you can stay virtually forever with renewals that are automatically extended for a modest fee, and nobody cares what you do while you are there. Good deals like that never last. Check a source like Lonely Planet for "de facto" rules, "official" regulations may vary.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:44 AM

4,123 posts, read 4,466,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aville239 View Post
OP, I can't understand why in the hell you would trade EU citizenship for US, especially since you don't intend to stay in the US. That makes no sense. Your EU passport will get you into the same countries as a US one but without the tax filing and banking issues.

Not a trade - dual citizenship.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:02 AM

663 posts, read 748,581 times
You could always consider Svalsbard, if you have your own business. This is the island north of Norway, you don't need a visa and can stay as long as you like. After 7 years you can apply for citizenship.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:59 PM

20,695 posts, read 18,040,305 times
Saint bawwwwts babe.

- good god I hate that horrific accent.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:55 PM

1 posts, read 24 times
were can i move permanently if i am Canadian citizen, i was thinking of Philipines but seems that i need a visa if i want to stay more then 30 days

Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM

1,727 posts, read 538,740 times
Philippines has a complex assortment of visas, and nearly anyone can find a way to extend an entry stamp. One good thing about the Philipplines is that it can be done in-country, after you arrive and arrival entry stamp is free. If you need to do a visa run, it costs about $90 to fly out to Kota Kinabalu and back, which might be cheaper than a visa extension.. On first arrival, you get stamped in for 59 days, which is easy to extend in-country.

Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM

5,950 posts, read 10,055,453 times
Multinational cosmopolitan friendly at acceptable ratio quotient. Vantage point angle is especially meticulous with every national unique governing label. Bizarre puzzle among Globalization Scale Map visual stories public disclosures: http://geographylaunchpad.weebly.com...36407_orig.png

Conflicting evidence when there is tons of parallels that arenít even offering copious fusions. Woah, exclusive honorable examples is basically having to focus on major attributes that is far outside of overly narrow window. Embrace any specific factors on migration between people foreign cultural immersion. Even in close proximity multiculturalism atmosphere. Finally, signs of exotic approval is equally satisfying.

I bet there are at least 70 countries equal preference around with friendly allowing open exchange through aliens of ethnic heritage nationality lines without any problems. Yet ending up difficult to establish residential titles of no visa. Visiting is completely psychologically away from living over there.

Old Today, 01:01 AM

973 posts, read 2,456,990 times
I think you need to check your dosage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or