Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 07:11 PM

1,103 posts, read 2,261,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
What nationalistic riots in Europe are you talking about?
The teen-agers that attend soccer matches in Europe often fight each other over team loyalty, not over nationalism.
dude, they boo each other's national anthems. they beat people with other countries flags.

and a growing trend, nationalist riots over immigrants in their countries in moscow, brussels, etc.

European Nationalist Parties Top Opinion Polls | EUTimes.net

“European voters punish the left” says BBC | EUTimes.net

Quote:
During my years in Germany the term 'patriot' had somewhat of a negative meaning. "Nationalism" is a word many avoid, first, because of history and that 'nationalism' often means intolerant and bigotted. Right wing groups (like neo-Nazis and skinheads) are met with hundreds of counter-demonstrators.
you're right. which usually results in riots between immigrants and europeans, which is exactly what happened in brussels not too long ago.

Quote:
In the US 'patriots' are usually anti-intellectual, 'deeply' religious, right wing, often to extremism.
now you're just generalizing. no, they are not "anti-intellectual." you are ignorant if you think that they are "anti-intellectual." you are taking a couple obnoxious morons and using them as poster children for patriotism to suit your own ignorant idea againts patriotism. some are more religious, some are less religious. again, you are basing your claims off of a few loudmouths the media tries to hunt down for hours so they can edit all the patriots with common sense out and insert into the air time all of the morons.

Quote:
Americans consume more drugs for anxiety and stresss than any other nation. Maybe because many Americans feel beaten down, inadequate, and lack in self-esteem due to low social status.
tell that to san francisco.

Quote:
In America money is everything, most notably, the difference between success and failure.
money isn't "everything" in america. again, you're being ignorant. money is important, yes, but not everything. money puts food on your table, money is the center of everything but not everything. money puts everything into its place. money keeps you alive. but to imply that americans only care about money as if they would disown their family for money is ridiculous and ignorant. money is a necessity, but to imply that americans care more about money than their family is moronic.

Quote:
America is a bourgeoisie society, materialistic and mediocre
in culture. But they've got money!
you don't know culture. a liberal like you, you don't know culture. you stand for the extinction of culture. you stand against patriotism and nationalism, which leads me to believe you are more than happy with the result of the european union, lax immigration policy and open borders. and you're going to tell me that you love culture, when it is policy that you support that is destroying our culture and causing the infestation in europe and america.

Last edited by CelticGermanicPride; 09-26-2011 at 07:19 PM..

Old 09-26-2011, 07:18 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
dude, they boo each other's national anthems. they beat people with other countries flags.

and a growing trend, nationalist riots over immigrants in their countries in moscow, brussels, etc.

European Nationalist Parties Top Opinion Polls | EUTimes.net

“European voters punish the left” says BBC | EUTimes.net

you're right. which usually results in riots between immigrants and europeans, which is exactly what happened in brussels not too long ago.

now you're just generalizing. no, they are not "anti-intellectual." you are ignorant if you think that they are "anti-intellectual." you are taking a couple obnoxious loudmouths and using them as poster children for patriotism to suit your own ignorant idea againts patriotism. some are more religious, some are less religious. again, you are basing your claims off of a few loudmouths the media tries to hunt down for hours so they can edit all the patriots with common sense out and insert into the air time all of the morons.

tell that to san francisco.

money isn't "everything" in america. again, you're being ignorant. money is important, yes, but not everything. money puts food on your table, money is the center of everything but not everything. money puts everything into its place. money keeps you alive. but to imply that americans only care about money as if they would disown their family for money is ridiculous and ignorant.

you don't know culture. a liberal like you, you don't know culture. you stand for the extinction of culture. you stand against patriotism and nationalism, which leads me to believe you are more than happy with the result of the european union, lax immigration policy and open borders. and you're going to tell me that you love culture, when it is policy that you support that is destroying our culture and causing the infestation in europe and america.
Excellent post....just by chance you wouldn't happen to be a lawyer would you? You nailed that w/ precision

Old 09-26-2011, 07:22 PM

1,103 posts, read 2,261,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Excellent post....just by chance you wouldn't happen to be a lawyer would you? You nailed that w/ precision
i'm a construction worker. lol

Old 09-26-2011, 08:25 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
Seriously? Maybe you're in the wrong profession, LOL

Old 09-26-2011, 09:23 PM

27,560 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSks View Post
I would love to agree with you but you are very naive, the whole country is based on money and greed, thats why everything was outsourced and sold to the lowest bidder, the only patriotism is waving flag, other than that fellow americans do not care about other fellow citizens, dog eats dog menthality, outsourcing hiring cheap labor all of that, not to mention lost sense of community, wake up and smell coffee
I am still curious to know how someone with your "European" background ended up working in IT in San Diego with a bunch of H-1 B visa 3rd world hires.

You must have quite a story to tell!

Old 09-26-2011, 09:55 PM

10 posts, read 14,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I am still curious to know how someone with your "European" background ended up working in IT in San Diego with a bunch of H-1 B visa 3rd world hires.

At least you got that right, but my stories would overwhelm your narrow and redneck mind, stick to your "dreams" and to your bigotry, that serves you well )))) ,

Old 09-27-2011, 12:00 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

Old 09-27-2011, 05:14 AM

35 posts, read 153,778 times
I think America and its ideals are getting very tired, The whole US is the best we're number 1, no one does it like us it's becoming also VERY VERY WASHED UP!!!!

Basically the market value of what America represents has declined a lot, most people have been to the US and realize it's overrated, tired, the hype is dying.... nowadays stuff like the American dream sounds like a bad joke!

At times the US feels for a lot of foreign people sort of like "ah the US, been there done that... next!!!"

the biggest tallest largest skyscrapers are now elsewhere, the fastest bestestest everything in which they rocked is elsewhere now.... all of their brain power is imported from elsewhere because the average American is too busy consuming, obsessed with material crap, fat and useless..... even their basic jobs are moving elsewhere...... its terrible but you have developing countries beating the US in VITAL THINGS like education and health care...

I read recently how a new Toyota plant looking for a place to settle decided to move to South America instead of the US (eventhough the US offered them a big sum of money) because it found productivity to be better there than in the US.... the workers in South America were more competitive and better!!!!

I think America is paying the price for its lack of actual moral values.... America has become what it is thanks to the mindset of the average American... (give me a shinny car, a cheaply built huge house in some tired boring suburbia, and a mediocre job where I'll slave myself 60 hours a week and I'll be ok and I'll shut my mouth!!!!) and of course when I'm 65 I'll retire in Costa Rica where I'll finally live a quality of life I never had in the US!

Last edited by xutka; 09-27-2011 at 05:43 AM..

Old 09-27-2011, 06:09 AM

296 posts, read 614,245 times
This is a great thread. I appreciate all the different viewpoints!

So then, what's it going to take to bring America and Americans into their full potential once again?

Can we do it again? Perhaps this time without using a war as a catalyst? And in a way that unites us without extreme ideology from the left or the right?

Old 09-27-2011, 06:19 AM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfreez View Post
So then, what's it going to take to bring America and Americans into their full potential once again?

Can we do it again? Perhaps this time without using a war as a catalyst? And in a way that unites us without extreme ideology from the left or the right?
It's too late.

The correct direction would have been immediately after 9/11....had some other (non-big oil guy) President been in office...we'd have considered putting all of our national energy into technologies, companies, etc. that focused on NON-OIL technologies - cars that run on corn oil (it works, and America produces a sh1tload of corn), etc. on and on.

Than we'd be #1 in a sh1tload of new energy technologies....we'd have completely evaporated the sh1tload of money of that goes to the Middle East and makes them wealthy beyond belief.

That would have been STEP 1...but instead, we're consuming gas more than ever, even moreso with all the wars. We're giving almost all our money to the Middle East in either wars, or $$ for oil. Whatever isn't going there, is going to China for all our consumption types of items. Than our customer service stuff and IT is being brought in and brought to India.

This direction is going stronger and stronger in that direction, and if President Obama doesn't see it, I don't see any even more pro-war, oil-oriented Republicans taking a less oil-oriented path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World