U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2011, 10:45 PM

7,653 posts, read 13,773,170 times

Advertisements

Many see most American cities as "dull", "lifeless", "sprawled", and "car-oriented". Let's post videos of cities - both American and international - that you see as the antithesis of the description given by many of the posters on here. Extra points will be awarded to those who post videos of cities not usually visited by tourists, or areas most tourists miss.

I'll start it out with Cardenas, Mexico - a city almost never frequented by tourists. As a gringo with blue eyes, I was a temporary celebrity there whilst visiting my friend. You can watch my video in HD (you'll get a lot more out of it). Here it is:

Cardenas, Tabasco, Mexico in HD - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 01:33 AM

8,381 posts, read 8,918,783 times
I can't show my personal video of this event because it is full of family but I have been to this carnival and it is wonderful. Hundreds of people a day come out in this blistery winter weather and nobody complains. It's a much celebrated event with people out in the cold for hours and hours having a blast.
Not all Canadians dread the cold.

Winter Carnival In Québec, Québec, Canada - YouTube

Old 09-23-2011, 01:09 AM

9,298 posts, read 18,080,038 times
This video shows how I feel about my hometown. New York. Seeing 911 in front of my eyes (I was in tower 2) scared me and I eventually moved to Australia, but i've since moved back to the US (NH) but hope to get back home to NYC. Never to leave ever again. I do remember the kindness of strangers who saw me with dust and glazed over eyes and helped me get home (someone gave me water, another gave me money for cab fare and the cab driver refused to take my money). There was no looting, just neighbors helping each other after that horrible day.

Empire State of Mind (Part II) 9/11 Tribute - YouTube (http://youtu.be/tnlPX2_b4GA - broken link)

Old 09-23-2011, 05:35 PM

8,381 posts, read 8,918,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
This video shows how I feel about my hometown. New York. Seeing 911 in front of my eyes (I was in tower 2) scared me and I eventually moved to Australia, but i've since moved back to the US (NH) but hope to get back home to NYC. Never to leave ever again. I do remember the kindness of strangers who saw me with dust and glazed over eyes and helped me get home (someone gave me water, another gave me money for cab fare and the cab driver refused to take my money). There was no looting, just neighbors helping each other after that horrible day.

Empire State of Mind (Part II) 9/11 Tribute - YouTube (http://youtu.be/tnlPX2_b4GA - broken link)

That's so nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World