Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 01:42 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,699,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
At these latitudes and on lakes?? No no real great beaches...do not get me wrong the Pacific northwest can have stunningly beautiful coastline landscapes...mountains, vegetation, etc....but the fact there is a sandbar is totally indifferent there could be flattish rocks it would not make any difference...the elements that make a great and livable beach are not there....conversely, Hawaii for example, can have very lousy beaches (murky and dangerous waters, wind, sand consistency, etc...) with beautiful surrounding scenery...a tropical locale does not make automatically a beach great.
Some lake beaches can be nice and the shallow ones at the mid latitudes can get quite warm in summer often warmer than much more southerly ocean locations for a portion of the year. I agree with you that it is a different experience but I don't consider that an ocean beach experience will be inherently better just because it's on an ocean. It depends on a number of factors.. I have some great memories as a kid going swimming at a lake in the summer and even knowing what I know now about tropical ocean beaches, I don't think that takes away from the experiences I had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 02:21 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:

Psst....people skinny dip in Moscow in January........
Well, yes and no.
They chop a hole in the ice and plunge into the icy water on Epiphany.
It's a religeous thing.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:45 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
??? If you follow his posts on this thread, he didn't start out that way.
I'm always that way...you just do not always pay enough attention.....

However despite your attempts to jinx my business trip, here there is a beautiful sunny sunset and very balmy...I'm depressed...

Old 12-06-2014, 01:55 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
I'm always that way...you just do not always pay enough attention.....

However despite your attempts to jinx my business trip, here there is a beautiful sunny sunset and very balmy...I'm depressed...
I admit I do fade in and out occasionally

I wasn't trying to jinx your trip, I was just looking at the forecast...looks like the rain has moved to Sunday

Old 12-07-2014, 07:47 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Australia, by a wide margin. Just the weather alone would make my decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World