Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 07:19 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,106,766 times

Advertisements

Most tourists go to tourist places, most Americans have those guides that tell them were to go. Of course, in those places they speak some English. But if they went to "Casa Paco" in some neighborhood not frequented by tourists, nobody speaks English but they get their message across.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 07:24 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I don't care where they are, if they dont speak english they can GET OUT
I can't figure out for the life of me what you're trying to say, but it comes across as rude.
I live around military communities and find a lot of rude travelers who expect just that, for everyone to speak English and for all menus to be translated to English.
Sometimes they speak louder to get their point across.
I'm usually embarrassed to see most US citizens overseas.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
Uh, you don't even live in the U.S. Those "foreigners" are illegal immigrants.
Are you saying that there are no tourists in the US? Only illegals?
And yes, we get that you hate the French. Big deal. They're more like people from the us than you'd ever admit.

You may not have noticed, but this thread is about "americans abroad" and their behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi28 View Post
I don't know what kind of Spaniards you've been around to categorize them all in such a manner, maybe you got unlucky.

And if we are going to start talking about violent hooligans...
Perhaps you shouldn't have started slinging insults; you know, don't do it if you don't want it done to you...

Old 12-10-2011, 10:52 AM

276 posts, read 762,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Perhaps you shouldn't have started slinging insults; you know, don't do it if you don't want it done to you...
And when did I insult anybody, exactly? please show me a quote, I would like to see that.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi28 View Post
And when did I insult anybody, exactly? please show me a quote, I would like to see that.
Start w/ post 14.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:30 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Start w/ post 14.
Not really an insult though. In fact, not wholly inaccurate either.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:36 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,093,627 times
I prefer that places of businesses have air conditioning, I can deal with the language barrier. Walking around Amsterdam during the summer, then sitting down in a coffee shop, I need some A/C... the last time I walked around so much was when I used to live in Europe.

So yeah I have those moments where I turn into a whiny annoying American tourist "gah, why doesn't this place have air conditioning?" that annoys the locals sometimes lol.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:51 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
I prefer that places of businesses have air conditioning, I can deal with the language barrier. Walking around Amsterdam during the summer, then sitting down in a coffee shop, I need some A/C... the last time I walked around so much was when I used to live in Europe.

So yeah I have those moments where I turn into a whiny annoying American tourist "gah, why doesn't this place have air conditioning?" that annoys the locals sometimes lol.
Amsterdam coffee shops need good ventilation .... what with all that 'smoke'

Old 12-10-2011, 01:00 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,093,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Amsterdam coffee shops need good ventilation .... what with all that 'smoke'
LOL, thats why they just leave the door wide open to attract people off the street like me.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:31 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,606,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
You'd be surprised at how many there actually are. Come visit me where I live and I'll introduce you to some of them. (Should I also mention that they believe Europe is a country and that we're all poor?)

I still don't believe it.

All Americans know Mexico has a different language. Why would any Americans, with enough money and the wherewithall to travel overseas, be surprised to learn countries in Europe have their own languages?

I'll agree that there is a percentage of Americans who think Europe is a country. But I find it hard to believe that a lot of Americans who travel to Europe would fall into this category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World