U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-02-2012, 01:12 AM

80 posts, read 104,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
I do love Brazilian Portuguese (ignore the British chick):

Alinne Moraes entrevistada por Izzy Laurence sobre o Cannes. - YouTube

What I would do to be with a woman like that!
Not that it matters to anyone, but those subtitles are full of erros.....lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 10:33 PM

860 posts, read 537,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ialeixo View Post
Not that it matters to anyone, but those subtitles are full of erros.....lol.
Nothing wrong or irritating about her Brazilian Portuguese sexy language the way she expresses herself!
It's the British chick's accent that irritates me!

Old 04-04-2012, 11:02 PM

2,079 posts, read 1,552,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosaalberto15 View Post
when it comes to Spanish there are a variety of accents, i feel there are many annoying accents but there are some good ones too

worst: Dominican, Colombian, Mexican
Best: Argentina, Uruguay, Guatemala(depending on the region), Puerto Rico(depending on the region), Cuba
The Mexican accent sounds the cleanest to me but I grew up in LA. The accent from Spain is horrible imo (except on cute young girls).

I hear a lot of complaints about the Mexican accent though, and I'm curious why you find it the worst. I have heard it described as ugly, dirty, hickish even. I did notice, compared to other Latin American countries Mexicans got a more colorful way of swearing.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:10 PM

14,755 posts, read 15,452,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
The Mexican accent sounds the cleanest to me but I grew up in LA. The accent from Spain is horrible imo (except on cute young girls).

I hear a lot of complaints about the Mexican accent though, and I'm curious why you find it the worst.
The up and down cadence is not pleasant to listen to. As well as the "hola, que pasa, mamacita" thing. However, I'm sure Spanish as spoken by newscasters in Mexico City or Acapulco is fine.

Agreed. Spanish spoken in Spain with the "theta," as in "Tharagotha" for Zaragosa is annoying. That's not the Spanish I learned in college. It was a lot "cleaner" than that.

Disagree on the swearing: the Cubans have that market covered.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:24 AM

53 posts, read 96,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post

I hear a lot of complaints about the Mexican accent though, and I'm curious why you find it the worst. I have heard it described as ugly, dirty, hickish even. I did notice, compared to other Latin American countries Mexicans got a more colorful way of swearing.
its only my opinion, but i feel the Mexican accent isn't easy on the ears.
monologo mexicanos del titanic - YouTube

I feel the same about the Dominican accent
Raperos Dominicano Mandarina La Fruta - YouTube

Old 04-07-2012, 09:55 PM

255 posts, read 263,526 times
Mandarin. It is shrill and melodramatic.

Cantonese isn't too bad; at least it has smoother tones (it's my first language). Hokkien is choppy but at least it's funny. Shanghainese is very rapid and fluid; sounds almost polysyllabic/agglutinative, sort of like Japanese.

In Europe, German takes the cake for being harsh.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:03 PM

3,339 posts, read 3,017,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haowen Wong View Post
sounds almost polysyllabic/agglutinative
Can most people tell if a language is agglutinative or not, which is a grammatical feature, based on how it sounds? That implies being aware of where word boundaries stop and end just based on hearing alone, which seems hard to do often with a language one doesn't understand (ie. It seems often hard to tell if someone is speaking fast, are they speaking many words sequentially or simply a long word with many morphemes as components?).

Old 04-08-2012, 12:23 AM

1,849 posts, read 1,328,239 times
I like how Mandarin sounds depending on where the speaker is from. The worst-sounding for me are Arabic and Hebrew, hands down.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:47 AM

14,755 posts, read 15,452,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
The worst-sounding for me are Arabic and Hebrew, hands down.
We'll have to agree to disagree. My Middle-Eastern friends wouldn't be as animated if they weren't yelling at each other in Arabic. Hebrew reminds me of Dr. Ruth, who most likely speaks it, so it's fine with me.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:58 AM

3,525 posts, read 1,624,293 times
I like the way russian, german, and arabic sound. also jamaican pidgin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World