U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-10-2012, 04:41 AM

3,538 posts, read 4,554,684 times
Japanese annoys me because it's very monotone, which makes it sound like gibberish

Rent-a-boyfriend in Japan - YouTube

I generally like the sound of Tagalog, but it depends on who's speaking. This girl speaks it softly and makes it sound nice. Some people make it really unbearable

Coca-Cola Little Red Schoolhouse - Jenny Sanchez Story - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 09:33 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,575,066 times
None. Just prefer the sound of some languages more than others ....some accents from the English speaking world now that's something else....

Old 08-22-2012, 11:05 AM

9 posts, read 9,130 times
Ah, what a great thread.
Here we go ...
The worst: Chinese, Dutch, Portuguese and Scottish English. (No offense at all to these people, I actually feel awful saying this but their lanuage/accent really isn't easy on the ears for me.)
The best: British English, Russian, Ukrainian, French, Japanese. Also, the Scandinavian languages have a strange appeal. :P

Old 08-22-2012, 03:39 PM

14,755 posts, read 14,166,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene83 View Post
the most annoying sounding languages for me are
- British english which is spoken by englishmen
- French is like throat potology
- German . Even germans themselfs sing their songs in english or compose an instrumental music)
- Italian - too nasal
- Holland languge - like palatoschisis
- Portuguese - like radio hiss
all other languages have relative pleasant sounding )
Wait, you're in RUSSIA, and you find 3 of the Romance language accents irritating? Ask Americans what they think of YOUR accent. It's pretty bad.

If you've followed this thread, French and Italian are probably among the most liked accents, at least for foreigners speaking English.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:46 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,359,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by False_Identity View Post
Ah, what a great thread.
Here we go ...
The worst: Chinese, Dutch, Portuguese and Scottish English. (No offense at all to these people, I actually feel awful saying this but their lanuage/accent really isn't easy on the ears for me.)
The best: British English, Russian, Ukrainian, French, Japanese. Also, the Scandinavian languages have a strange appeal. :P
when people say Chinese, do they mean Cantonese or mandarin?
They are quite different in sound.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:16 PM

3,225 posts, read 4,022,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Wait, you're in RUSSIA, and you find 3 of the Romance language accents irritating? Ask Americans what they think of YOUR accent. It's pretty bad.

If you've followed this thread, French and Italian are probably among the most liked accents, at least for foreigners speaking English.
What does that mean, Russian is slavic, not romantic.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:39 PM

14,755 posts, read 14,166,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
What does that mean, Russian is slavic, not romantic.
I know that. I'm just pointing out that the poster needs to consider the "beauty" of the Russian accent. Not much there.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:54 PM

2,785 posts, read 1,346,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
when people say Chinese, do they mean Cantonese or mandarin?
They are quite different in sound.
Yes they are definitely different (like comparing English to German), standard Mandarin sounds quite nice to my ear, the southern Chinese languages including Cantonese don't sound that appealing imho.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:51 AM

1,259 posts, read 424,192 times
French. If I didn't know better I'd think they were intentionally making weird sounds instead of speaking up. Russian as well, it makes everyone sound like a thug.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:54 AM

2,370 posts, read 2,344,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
spanish when it is spoken here... We speak english here.
Not well enough to capitalize it, apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World