Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 01:03 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,105,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
You can see black people anywhere that look like them. They still wouldn't be as representative as blacks whose ancestors had a wider gene pool.

This is pretty elementary to understand.
No, you want people to believe that most Black Americans are Beyonce and Keri Hilson's skin tone which is incredibly untrue. You want to exclude the AAs down south because of how they look which is very prejudice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 01:10 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,291,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
No, you want people to believe that most Black Americans are Beyonce and Keri Hilson's skin tone which is incredibly untrue. You want to exclude the AAs down south because of how they look which is very prejudice.
I never said that.

You apparently have a chip on your shoulder, which prevents you from being unbiased in this discussion.

You can have Beyonce's skin tone and still look African, due to having more African features. My aunt is lighter than Beyonce, yet looks more African. You can be darker and have caucasian features.

I myself am not light skinned (see my photo).

I'm not excluding anyone. You're just saying something absurd that has no basis in fact because you feel that there's prejudice against dark skinned AA's. Well, there is prejudice against Han Chinese but saying they are not physically representative of the Chinese population is not a biased statement.

The fact is interbreeding creates a smaller gene pool which in turn creates reduced genetic diversity that in turn makes the subsequent population less representative. This is just a fact that makes a lot of communities like those in LA less representative than populations such as those in NYC and Boston that have more genetic flux.

Pay attention, and don't let whatever chip on your shoulder you have get in the way of your logical reasoning skills (assuming they are intact to begin with ).

Old 01-13-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I never said that.

You apparently have a chip on your shoulder, which prevents you from being unbiased in this discussion.

You can have Beyonce's skin tone and still look African, due to having more African features. My aunt is lighter than Beyonce, yet looks more African. You can be darker and have caucasian features.

I myself am not light skinned (see my photo).

I'm not excluding anyone. You're just saying something absurd that has no basis in fact because you feel that there's prejudice against dark skinned AA's. Well, there is prejudice against Han Chinese but saying they are not physically representative of the Chinese population is not a biased statement.

The fact is interbreeding creates a smaller gene pool which in turn creates reduced genetic diversity that in turn makes the subsequent population less representative. This is just a fact that makes a lot of communities like those in LA less representative than populations such as those in NYC and Boston that have more genetic flux.

Pay attention, and don't let whatever chip on your shoulder you have get in the way of your logical reasoning skills (assuming they are intact to begin with ).
NYC cannot be a representation because they have a lot of immigrants. Not sure about Boston.

Still, I don't think you should entirely exclude LA because you think they have less genetic diversity. They are apart of the AA community and proof that many still look like their ancestors.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:20 PM

25,915 posts, read 24,581,139 times
Actors and actresses are not good examples, Hollywood is not overly fond of very African-looking actors and actresses. Just yesterday I read an article about racism in Hollywood...
Having said that, I think Morgan Freeman looks rather African

Old 01-13-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
They are apart of the AA community and proof that many still look like their ancestors.
You are functionally illiterate.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
You are functionally illiterate.
You shouldn't feel the need to insult other posters who don't agree with you.

I feel like you're being incredibly biased.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
You shouldn't feel the need to insult other posters who don't agree with you.
If you posted a scientific/genetic explanation for what I was saying was false, I'd retract my statement.

Fact is you won't, because you either are too thick too comprehend it or are deliberately obtuse. Take your pick.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:26 PM

25,915 posts, read 24,581,139 times
Do blacks in LA on average look different from other AA's, like those in, say, Cincinnati or Boston or Memphis?

Old 01-13-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Do blacks in LA on average look different from other AA's, like those in, say, Cincinnati or Boston or Memphis?
Let's make sure we have this straight: By LA, we mean Louisiana, not Los Angeles. I would posit that there is more genetic diversity in the Northeast and West (particularly in the metropolitan areas) since these populations have less insularity and a wider gene pool. This just makes common sense.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
If you posted a scientific/genetic explanation for what I was saying was false, I'd retract my statement.

Fact is you won't, because you either are too thick too comprehend it or are deliberately obtuse. Take your pick.
No, I defintely think you have an agenda. You are incredibly prejudice against darker skinned African featured Black people and you don't want to include them in the AA community. You are separating them as if they don't matter.

It's evident by the fact that you want to get cosmetic surgery so you can have a higher nose bridge like your twin sister.

It all makes sense now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World