Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2014, 07:12 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
That's just a matter of perception though. Not everyone sees biracial people one way or the other (some do however which is sad, but that's life). There are plenty of biracial people who have more black "features" than white "features" and vice versa. Derek Jeter comes to mind. Most people don't know his father is indeed Black.
You make a good point. I've actually known people who had one black parent but looked as white Caucasian as anyone else we would consider white. One girl had blond hair and green eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 10:46 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,077,681 times
Well, a mulatto parent, yes...a "telephone black" parent, very unlikely.
There are also mulattoes with white parents, "step back" in Spanish (paso atrĂ¡s).
Coloured people with blondish hair and blue eyes are "jabaos".

Old 11-21-2014, 10:52 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,077,681 times
Gentoo

Because they are not white but they are not black either.

They are mulattoes, light mulattoes, quadroons, octorrons, melungeons, French mulattoes, Reds, Spanish mulattoes, creole, etc.

The words do exist in American English.

I guess that classifying as blacks all the mulattoes is motivated by marketing, politics, culture, racism, inverse racism, etc.

Mulattoes are not black, they have their own identity, their own culture..even in the US.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:33 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,375,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
Gentoo

Because they are not white but they are not black either.

They are mulattoes, light mulattoes, quadroons, octorrons, melungeons, French mulattoes, Reds, Spanish mulattoes, creole, etc.

The words do exist in American English.

I guess that classifying as blacks all the mulattoes is motivated by marketing, politics, culture, racism, inverse racism, etc.

Mulattoes are not black, they have their own identity, their own culture..even in the US.
: smack:

Old 11-21-2014, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
Well, a mulatto parent, yes...a "telephone black" parent, very unlikely.
There are also mulattoes with white parents, "step back" in Spanish (paso atrĂ¡s).
Coloured people with blondish hair and blue eyes are "jabaos".
Nope, you're wrong. Father was as black as he could be and she was blond with green eyes. I know this goes against the obsessive master race mentality that runs rampant on these forums but the truth does not care what you believe.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
: smack:
Same here, I've got nothing in response to that.

Old 11-23-2014, 05:39 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,201,724 times
Many Black Canadians/Americans have White and Native American ancestry, myself included (though my dad came here from Russia). The slaves were raped by slave masters or other White people who came to the US, and sometimes in later years, they had interracial relationships with them, as they did with the Natives. I'd say the main differences are that Black Americans, in general, are lighter than Africans (from White, and to some degree, Native, influences) and have eyes that are more slanted (from Native American influences).

The same goes for Black people in Latin America and the Caribbean.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Many Black Canadians/Americans have White and Native American ancestry, myself included (though my dad came here from Russia). The slaves were raped by slave masters or other White people who came to the US, and sometimes in later years, they had interracial relationships with them, as they did with the Natives. I'd say the main differences are that Black Americans, in general, are lighter than Africans (from White, and to some degree, Native, influences) and have eyes that are more slanted (from Native American influences).

The same goes for Black people in Latin America and the Caribbean.
True but keep in mind, it wasn't all rape that was responsible for the mixture. Blacks and Irish often lived in the same poor areas are often intermarried. Black Americans today have many Irish surnames and are the only non European group to have Irish surnames in large numbers.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:55 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,201,724 times
Yeah, notice I mentioned the interracial relationships/marriages in my post.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:43 AM

387 posts, read 355,935 times
Africans are definitely smaller on average than Black Americans...I lived in Houston Texas and NYC (both of which have large populations of Black Americans and Africans) and the Africans were definitely smaller....Africans are also less aggressive and have more narrow facial structures...

And African Black Women are much more feminine and less aggressive than Black American Women...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World