U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 12:35 PM

12 posts, read 29,880 times

Advertisements

The best to me by genre is:

Rock - USA

Electronic - USA or some European country

Reggae - Jamaica

Joyful rhythms - Brazil

Music to dance - whole Latin America, mainly Brazil (all), Argentine (tango), Caribbean (all)

Metal - I have no idea, but I think it would be in some country from Europe

Opera - Italy

Asian music - Japan

I don't know why, but I like Arabic music too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 01:10 PM

327 posts, read 668,220 times
Usa
uk
canada
jamaica
s. Korea
austrailia
china
mexico

Old 01-11-2012, 07:14 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,235,865 times
The US music scene is LAME. Pop, top 40, rap, country, etc. It is all garbage music. England has an INCREDIBLE music scene. The US USED to be cool with jazz, rock, and blues. What happened to us? Now other parts of the world does all of those things much better than us!

Old 01-11-2012, 07:23 PM

2,663 posts, read 3,906,822 times
The UK
The USA
Australia
New Zealand
Sweden
Canada
Germany
Denmark
Norway
Finland

I listed all of the Scandinavian countries partly because I love metal and death metal, but Sweden in particular is by far the most successful country outside of the Anglosphere for producing so many amazing artists of all genres.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
The US music scene is LAME. Pop, top 40, rap, country, etc. It is all garbage music. England has an INCREDIBLE music scene. The US USED to be cool with jazz, rock, and blues. What happened to us? Now other parts of the world does all of those things much better than us!
I agree.

The mainstream stuff here is lame right now. Even so called good bands such as the Black Keys absolutely suck. The USA is churning out rubbish, while the decent stuff is coming from the UK, New Zealand, Australia, France and Sweden.

However, 10 years or more ago it was different. Grunge came from the USA, so did so many other amazing bands. It's really only been the last decade that American mainstream music has fallen into the crapper. Hopefully it will make a comeback, or you'll just keep seeing more god awful bands and artists like Kesha.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obpumc View Post

Rock - USA

Reggae - Jamaica

Joyful rhythms - Brazil

Music to dance - whole Latin America, mainly Brazil (all), Argentine (tango), Caribbean (all)

Opera - Italy

Asian music - Japan

Rock? Nothing good rock-wise has come out of the United States in well over a decade.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:05 AM

20,191 posts, read 61,598,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
We have listened and learned.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:06 AM

1,868 posts, read 6,206,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obpumc View Post

Rock - USA

Reggae - Jamaica

Joyful rhythms - Brazil

Opera - Italy

Asian music - Japan

For the Mainstream mostly ...
Europe they are good on Techno music
R&B, Rap, Rock, Alternative Rock, Pop - USA
I agree on Latin Music as Music to dance
I like Bossa Nova music of Brazil
Yeah, Italy are known for Opera song

Broadway Musical - Miss Saigon and Les Miserables (London and New York)

Asia - We're kind of different that the mainstream will probably don't appreciate much. But "Jai Ho" (A mixed Indian beat is a Hit though), Before I don't appreciate the arabic music too lol but it actually sounds nice to listen to.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:19 AM

12 posts, read 29,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Rock? Nothing good rock-wise has come out of the United States in well over a decade.
Yes, I think so... I just mentioned USA because most of Rock bands that I know come from there... UK is very good too, normally I confuse USA and UK. Anyway, I don't listen rock for a long time, so I just remember the old rock bands.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:44 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,593,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
I agree.

The mainstream stuff here is lame right now. Even so called good bands such as the Black Keys absolutely suck. The USA is churning out rubbish, while the decent stuff is coming from the UK, New Zealand, Australia, France and Sweden.

However, 10 years or more ago it was different. Grunge came from the USA, so did so many other amazing bands. It's really only been the last decade that American mainstream music has fallen into the crapper. Hopefully it will make a comeback, or you'll just keep seeing more god awful bands and artists like Kesha.
I love the Black Keys....I'm with you on Kesha/Britney/gaga...its very low quality
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World