Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 10:22 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,384,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Any takers for Olive Garden in Europe???
The Camorra would never allow it to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 10:37 AM

57 posts, read 105,083 times
i want 5 specific things:

- cheesecake factory
- giordano's (stuffed pizza, i'd die for it)
- edy's chocolate chip cookie dough (we have ben & jerry's cookie dough here, but edy's is better and softer, hands down)
- the variety of drinks (all soft drinks in a "diet" version, i.e. mountain dew diet - love it) and cereal (we have a big variety of cereal too, but there was a certain brand in the US that I can't seem to get here in good ol' Europe)
- american rock radio stations, i am sick of the lame radio stations here

Old 01-18-2012, 10:58 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,399,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skadi View Post
i want 5 specific things:

- cheesecake factory
- giordano's (stuffed pizza, i'd die for it)
- edy's chocolate chip cookie dough (we have ben & jerry's cookie dough here, but edy's is better and softer, hands down)
- the variety of drinks (all soft drinks in a "diet" version, i.e. mountain dew diet - love it) and cereal (we have a big variety of cereal too, but there was a certain brand in the US that I can't seem to get here in good ol' Europe)
- american rock radio stations, i am sick of the lame radio stations here

With the exception of certain cities (Boston for example), American FM radio is lame. After a while, you get tired of the same Pearl Jam or Foo Fighters song being played over and over again.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:22 AM

maybe so, but it definitely beats rihanna and beyonce and katy.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skadi View Post
maybe so, but it definitely beats rihanna and beyonce and katy.
We get that garbage too. Rihanna is awful.

American radio was superior when America was making great music in the 90's and prior. Now, most of the mainstream stuff here is garbage, while there's decent stuff coming out of Europe right now. I listen to British, Irish and Swedish radio a lot via streaming.

Boston seems to be one exception. There are 2 very good FM stations there: WFNX and The River, both of which play a ton of British music, some of which I'd never have thought I'd hear outside of the UK.

College radio in the US is often the last bastion of decent music.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:51 PM

yeah, college radio along with internet radio stations. i listen to 525 power tracks, i wish we had a channel like that available for the normal car and household radio here. not much into british music, although oasis and bloc party and kaiser chiefs are decent bands. i'm more on the heavier side.

i visited oregon and new york and both had great radio rock stations. there's something uplifting about driving in the car and listening to good alternative rock and metal stations.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:09 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I wish we had Wendy's here. They have Wendy's in New Zealand so why not here?

Hopefully it's not to do with the name. We have our own Wendy's but it serves ice creams, milkshakes, sundaes, hot dogs. Why don't they import Wendy's and change the name then, like what they did with Hungry Jacks?
I wish we didn't have Wendy's in the USA Their cooking oil is full of chemicals, I can actually taste them, it's a nasty bitter flavor, like burnt plastic.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:13 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
They are probably the best, or the lesser of several evils when it comes to fast food. I don't like any other fast food chains over here. For some reason, they tend to drench the burger in sauce & mayo.

Sonic are good too, but I only tend to buy shakes from there as they're as creamy as Cornish ice cream.

You should contact Wendy's corporate HQ to petition them to expand in Australia. If the kiwis are worthy, why not!
No way. The good days of Wendy's are far gone

DailyTech - Wendy's New "Natural" Fries Caught Using Chemical Stew

http://livingprepared.blogspot.com/2...ast-foods.html

Sorry to be Wendy's basher, I just hate how their food tastes and the salads are crappy and overpriced too. You are better off buying a salad bag at your local supermarket for 1/3 of the price.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:17 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,861,139 times
It does not matter really how many American stores we have in BC, because the same items sold in the US stores cost 25%-50% less.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
No way. The good days of Wendy's are far gone

DailyTech - Wendy's New "Natural" Fries Caught Using Chemical Stew

--- Living Prepared ---: Dimethylpolysiloxane used in fast foods?

Sorry to be Wendy's basher, I just hate how their food tastes and the salads are crappy and overpriced too. You are better off buying a salad bag at your local supermarket for 1/3 of the price.
So much hate for the W! Really, I agree with you though. Fast food is crap and I generally avoid it like the plague. It's a shame that healthy eating has actually become more expensive over here.

I must admit, I like their salads though, even though I know they're laced with chemical nasties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World