Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 08:03 AM

410 posts, read 949,641 times

Advertisements

I think if you asked people across Europe where the best major cities in Europe for nightlife - of the partying variety - are, the top two would be Berlin and Barcelona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 09:52 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Hubard View Post
I think if you asked people across Europe where the best major cities in Europe for nightlife - of the partying variety - are, the top two would be Berlin and Barcelona.
Why? I think places like London, Stockholm, Glasgow, Dublin, Ibiza, Amsterdam, Prague, Reykjavik etc would be more fun than them 2.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 7 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,919,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Paris does not compare to London for nightlife. Last time I was in Paris, I got chatting to a waitress who said that she regularly goes to London for the nightlife. I tend to agree. London has become very much a party & binge drinking city, which isn't always good! Music scene wise, you can also find literally everything in London, whatever you're into.

Still, hate to say it but I prefer Paris though. It's definitely a more beautiful city where it matters, I love the plethora of cafes and the slightly slower pace than London. Generally they are both amazing though. The beauty of the Eurostar is that you can be in St. Pancras, then in Gare Du Nord in 2 1/2 hours.

A lot of tourists don't realise that there's so much more to the UK than London. I could easily spend a week in many of Britain's major cities. Many of them have tons of things to do.

Where else? I am not really a clubbing person, but I enjoyed Dublin, Berlin, Amsterdam and Copenhagen are up there.
I assume Paris nightlife is still great, even if it may not be as great as London nightlife, which also seems true for music scene.

Paris and London are both great cities, and they express that differently in some ways.

That is true there is much more to the UK than London and I am realizing that lately.

Amsterdam, Berlin, and Copenhagen does seem high up there with the scene they provide and I am not surprised for those places.

However, that would be a huge surprise for Dublin. Plenty of people say how Dublin is ugly, overrated, boring, etc. I was starting to believe those negative comments about Dublin. Lol

I still don’t think Dublin makes the best places in Europe lists.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:04 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Why? I think places like London, Stockholm, Glasgow, Dublin, Ibiza, Amsterdam, Prague, Reykjavik etc would be more fun than them 2.
The Spanish cities are definitely right up there.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:11 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times
Trust me Dublin is one of the most fun cities I have visited, the night life is brilliant. For me personally Dublin is near the top.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:07 PM

7 posts, read 14,819 times
Hi! I´m italian but I live in Berlin since three years. The nightlife here is awesome and really cheap compared to other big european cities. I think each european city has it own flavour but some like London, Barcelona and Berlin are definitly world class places for what concerns party etc..what type of music are u into and what is it more important to you when on vacation?

Old 03-04-2012, 06:10 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,875,345 times
US nightlife kinda sucks, because in most closes it closes too early.

I know NYC is an exception, and there are a few more, but most places in the US are closed by 3:30 and last call is even earlier. Everywhere else in the world 3:30 is when the party is just getting started.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:49 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,525,805 times
The drinking age is lower so you just have more young people who can go out and party in Europe.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:00 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,875,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
The drinking age is lower so you just have more young people who can go out and party in Europe.

The US has stupid laws.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:23 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,662,216 times
It's been said to death already but Europe wins hands down, no contest. Many small towns in Europe give mid/large sized cities in America a run for their money. I want to say Europe has the best nightlife in the world but I've never been to Japan.

Europe wins because

She is more urban. There are more spots, they are easier to access (no car), etc

Europe has a more relaxed, party culture while America is all work, work.

America has very puritanical drinking laws in many states.

The women are gorgeous, friendly, and always get excited over us dumb yanks

Sure some spots in America like Miami, New Orleans will hold their own everywhere. And some spots like NYC are so damn big that they got a bit for anyone but there are so many American cities that could learn a little bit about having some fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World