Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 10:34 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,025,008 times

Advertisements

Caucasoids - Italians or French. Mix between dark, almost Semitic looking in Sicily to pale, sometimes blue-eyed and blonde in the far northern Alpine provinces. They have strong Caucasoid features - long nose, thin nostrils, being hirsute.

Mongoloids - Inuits, Yakuts (of Siberia), Mongolians, Manchus. They have the most 'hyper-Mongloid' features among the population of any peoples I can think of. Some individuals in Korea, Northern and Central China have these features, but they're not as defined as the groups I mentioned. A lot of Southern Chinese have some 'Astraloid' admixture, the Thais and then the Malays even more.

Australoids - The Australian aborigines. Often said to be the most divergent of the non Sub-Saharan African groups, their cranial structure differs from most populations. Papuans and Melanesians come next, as well as the 'Negrito' of Indonesia, Philippines and Malaysia.

Negroids - The natives of the Congo (Zaire) have a mixture of both dark skin and typical 'Negroid' features. Sudanese are black, but they are different from the stereotypical West Africa American idea of 'blackness.'

The pygmies might be another group.

I don't really believe in the concept of race, but these are the main 'types.' I wouldn't use the word 'purest', but I see them as the most 'typical' example of their type. Most other populations seem a mixture of the types.

Like I said Malays are a mix of Mongoloid and Astraloid type. Same as Polynesians.

Ethiopians seem a mix of Caucasoid and Negroid.

Dravidian Indians a mix of Astaloid with some Caucasoid.

Kazakhs, Uyghars and maybe Sami are a mix of Caucasoid and Mongoloid genetics.

They're not set groupings, just general 'looks.' I hope this thread is not deleted, as the purpose is not to bash any race, or say that the 'pure' races are better. I personally find so-called mixed women most attractive, for instance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 02:57 AM

1,103 posts, read 2,260,085 times
italians definitely aren't "pure" and i wouldn't call them typical of the white race. in fact, i'd call them among the least typical.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
italians definitely aren't "pure" and i wouldn't call them typical of the white race. in fact, i'd call them among the least typical.
I said typical of 'Caucasoids' which include Middle Easterners and Northern Indians. They represent the WHOLE group. If you're talking 'White' people as in Europeans sans the darker southerners than maybe the original Celtic people could be a candidate. The 'whitest' people - Irish and some Scandinavians - are extreme in terms of skin colour, but morphologically the Finns have more similarities to the Sami than say Germans do.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
Facially they are certainly more hyper-Caucasoid than say the Eastern Slavs. Geneticists have found DNA common among the Mongol hordes in populations as far west as Hungary.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:43 AM

869 posts, read 1,124,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I don't really believe in the concept of race
you could have fooled me

Old 02-09-2012, 04:18 AM

2,957 posts, read 12,720,022 times
Trimac20, I'm going to personally give you the annual Citizens Award For The Largest Number Of Inane Posts to a city data poster. You have no peer. There is just no competition. No one else is close to being in your league.

In every folder in any forum you forge ahead with blundering questions, poorly considered judgements and predictions, foolish assumptions, half witted hypothesise, and banal presumptions.

Your free magazine subscription is included.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsdOIXka_NZSw6aYcNh728l8SqtBhYr J1lBnfxHO6Za-OL1x-CXVRwpg (broken link)

Old 02-09-2012, 04:31 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,902,912 times

Old 02-09-2012, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
Trimac20, I'm going to personally give you the annual Citizens Award For The Largest Number Of Inane Posts to a city data poster. You have no peer. There is just no competition. No one else is close to being in your league.

In every folder in any forum you forge ahead with blundering questions, poorly considered judgements and predictions, foolish assumptions, half witted hypothesise, and banal presumptions.

At last, it's all paying off! Ma would be so proud.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:02 AM

690 posts, read 1,201,590 times
Maybe mutatutions can make you change race. These 'indians' in the Daily Mail yesterday look more 'aboriginal' to me. (apart from the hairyness)

Sangli sisters: Werewolf syndrome doesn't stop Savita, Monisha and Savitri dreaming of marriage | Mail Online

Old 02-09-2012, 06:25 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post

Wild applause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World