U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 05:55 PM

6,041 posts, read 10,398,440 times

Advertisements

Also, General Corruption Levels for Certain Countries.

To be a bit more specific, this is about Sociological and Economic Corruption. But it is also about plenty of types of Corruption in general.

Also, other than writing a top 5 to 12 for each category, it can also be about general corruption levels for any country, but that is for later on in the thread subject.

Countries that generally seem the least Corrupted:

1. France: Despite some surprising negativity by some people about it, France still seems to have minimal corruption.

2. Sweden

3. Norway

4. Denmark

5. Switzerland

6. Netherlands

7. United Kingdom/England/Scotland: Despite some negativity for UK’s current state and future, it still has plenty of positive stuff about it and sociological corruption actually seems minimal and worthy of the Top 10.

8. Taiwan

9. Singapore

10. Japan

11. Thailand

12. Canada

Countries that are the most corrupted:

1. Iraq

2. Afghanistan

3. DR Congo

4. North Korea

5. Saudi Arabia

6. Zimbabwe

7. Haiti

8. Pakistan

9. Venezuela

10. Papua New Guinea

11. South Africa

12. Nigeria

12. Pakistan

Countries that are the Most Mixed for this subject:

1. USA: So much minimal corruption stuff but ironically also plenty of a lot of corruption at the same time. Very mixed corruption levels.

2. China: Similar to the USA with that but expresses that mixed state differently.

3. Spain: Plenty of minimal corruption stuff but with such high economic unemployment and stuff like that drags it down.

4. India

5. Brazil

Last edited by Thepastpresentandfuture; 02-14-2012 at 06:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 06:13 PM

22,198 posts, read 22,475,397 times
According to the Corruption Perceptions Index, the 5 least corrupt nations are:

1. New Zealand
2. Denmark
3. Finland
4. Sweden
5. Singapore

Germany and Japan tie at 14th, UK is at 16th, US is at 24th, France is at 25th.

And the most corrupt according to the same index:

1. Grenada
2. Burma
3. Belize
4. Somalia
5. North Korea

Old 02-14-2012, 07:11 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,972,192 times
I certainly would not rate Thailand in such an elevated position in the first post. To place it above Canada is not a position where I would have placed it.
Not even close.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
According to the Corruption Perceptions Index, the 5 least corrupt nations are:

1. New Zealand
2. Denmark
3. Finland
4. Sweden
5. Singapore

Germany and Japan tie at 14th, UK is at 16th, US is at 24th, France is at 25th.

And the most corrupt according to the same index:

1. Grenada
2. Burma
3. Belize
4. Somalia
5. North Korea
I agree with Denmark, Sweden, and Singapore for the Corruption Perceptions Index for some of the least corrupted countries.

I don’t agree with Finland. It would make a top 30, but not a top 5.

There is no way New Zealand in reality would make the top 10, and definitely not 1st place. New Zealand probably is around 20th-25th place.

That does seem like an appropriate rank for Germany. Japan and UK should rate a bit higher but that rank is appropriate enough.

France should definitely be ranked much higher, and the USA a little bit more higher.

For the most corrupted Somalia and North Korea would make the top 10.

Burma would at least make the top 15 but I disagree with it being so high at 2nd place.

Grenada 1st place for most corrupted country in the world!? Lol! That is just as ridiculous as New Zealand being ranked 1st place for least corrupted. Grenada would not even make the top 25 for most corrupted.

Also, Belize being 3rd place for most corrupted seems ridiculous.

However, it is great such a thing as the Corruption Perceptions Index exists. Some of the countries are still appropriately ranked while others definitely not appropriately ranked for Version 1 of Corruption Perceptions Index.

I guess this is a new official Corruption Perceptions index Version 2. I like Version 2 more than Version 1 so far.

Last edited by Thepastpresentandfuture; 02-14-2012 at 10:16 PM..

Old 02-14-2012, 09:53 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,378,643 times
I'm not a monarchist, but the fact that many of the countries at the top of the list have constitutional monarchies speaks volumes to me.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:58 PM

488 posts, read 1,015,067 times
Grenada, Burma and Belize are not the most corrupt. An index was not calculated for them for 2011.

The correct order for the top 5:

Somalia
North Korea
Myanmar
Afghanistan
Uzbekistan

Old 02-14-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
I certainly would not rate Thailand in such an elevated position in the first post. To place it above Canada is not a position where I would have placed it.
Not even close.
Well, agreeing with 28 out of 29 countries I listed for those 3 categories total is still great even if you disagree with just 1 out of 29.

Looks like you decided to focus on that 1 out of 29 you disagree with and being kind of negative about it instead of focusing on the positive stuff about that post and thread discussion.

I actually had Iceland in that 11th place rank and decided in the last minute to replace it with Thailand.

Thailand is great (Makes my top 15 favorite countries list) and in plenty of ways still has minimal corruption but I guess I shouldn’t have put it in that exact rank. I should have put Canada for 11th place instead and Thailand or Iceland for 12th. Thailand would still make the top 12 to top 25 though for this subject.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:13 PM

1,269 posts, read 3,329,360 times
Quote:
Countries that generally seem the least Corrupted:
1. France: Despite some surprising negativity by some people about it, France still seems to have minimal corruption.

2. Sweden

3. Norway

4. Denmark

5. Switzerland

6. Netherlands

7. United Kingdom/England/Scotland: Despite some negativity for UKs current state and future, it still has plenty of positive stuff about it and sociological corruption actually seems minimal and worthy of the Top 10.

8. Taiwan

9. Singapore

10. Japan

11. Thailand

12. Canada

Countries that are the most corrupted:

1. Iraq

2. Afghanistan

3. DR Congo

4. North Korea

5. Saudi Arabia

6. Zimbabwe

7. Haiti

8. Pakistan

9. Venezuela

10. Papua New Guinea

11. South Africa

12. Nigeria

12. Pakistan

Countries that are the Most Mixed for this subject:

1. USA: So much minimal corruption stuff but ironically also plenty of a lot of corruption at the same time. Very mixed corruption levels.

2. China: Similar to the USA with that but expresses that mixed state differently.

3. Spain: Plenty of minimal corruption stuff but with such high economic unemployment and stuff like that drags it down.

4. India

5. Brazil
You missed out Finland.
Finland and Sweden are tops.

Closely followed by,
Canada and Australia.

Transparency International - the global coalition against corruption

Old 02-15-2012, 07:38 AM

22,198 posts, read 22,475,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Fruit View Post
Grenada, Burma and Belize are not the most corrupt. An index was not calculated for them for 2011.

The correct order for the top 5:

Somalia
North Korea
Myanmar
Afghanistan
Uzbekistan
Uh, it was the 2011 index I was using.
Oh, nevermind, I see what you mean!

Old 02-15-2012, 10:41 AM

1,106 posts, read 1,888,434 times
i would think russia's corruption is up there. didn't putin throw one of russia's richest men in prison for opposing him? and is the russian mafia connected or supposed to be the russian government?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or