Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 02:30 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times

Advertisements

There are nigerians EVERY WHERE! You can go to iceland and find nigerians. Difference between them and the "African Americans" is they do not go around asking if they should or shouldn't go some where because of their skin color instead they just go. Its like it is a moot issue for them and they set up colonies all over the world.

If you got to Japan and go to roppongi tokyo all you will see are the nigerians and rarely any japanese people.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:22 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,038,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
There are nigerians EVERY WHERE! You can go to iceland and find nigerians. Difference between them and the "African Americans" is they do not go around asking if they should or shouldn't go some where because of their skin color instead they just go. Its like it is a moot issue for them and they set up colonies all over the world.

If you got to Japan and go to roppongi tokyo all you will see are the nigerians and rarely any japanese people.
You said it so much better than I did.

Why ask unless you WANT to make it a big deal? I get very frustrated when I see blacks claiming they are treated differently when they treat THEMSELVES differently to begin with!!!

Old 08-15-2008, 07:00 PM

3 posts, read 11,505 times
Interesting post. I think one thing many of us agree on its a very personal preference of where you like to live and the best place for most people is where they are from or somewhere known to you.
I am American and have lived in many several different countries over the years-last place Europe. I think America is the greatest nation for people of color. Leagues a head of most countries. I personally thought Europe was much less tolerant and more racist towards african or people of color than America. America was built on institutionalized racism and from that has evolved very quickly compared to other countries. Europeans will not hate you because of your skin color but it will be almost impossible to become successful there or have any kind of financial stability and/or respect. White entitlement is very strong in Europe and will not be changing anytime soon. I witnessed events in Europe that took me back to the 1920's of the U.S.

Old 08-16-2008, 05:47 AM

123 posts, read 473,753 times
As a highly alienated kid I started reading obsessively about the different cultures of the world and about world history, and proceeded to study anthropology in college. I would like to say I went out toured the world extensively, but I did a bit of travel that got me out of my head and got me used to relating to people with very different cultures.

In the end, I met someone overseas who felt just as alienated from her culture as I did from mine, we married happily and have spent 20 years building a family and a world, as it were, for ourselves and our children. Over time we have come to feel less alienated and more excited to take part in all the variety of human types.

There is always ignorance, racism, xenophobia, foolishness. You can call it the way the human brain is wired, or the need for cultures to define who they are, or just blame it on original sin. It is, to some degree, present in every nation, every culture, every soul. What is beautiful is that a large fraction of the 6 billion people in the world recognize this and are dedicated to overcoming it, even though it is probably a hopeless cause.

So travel the world, or just your town, seeking out these people. You have hundreds of millions of countrymen who long to meet you just as you long to meet them.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:52 AM

200 posts, read 1,008,358 times
It's interesting the different comments. The countries I've lived in are the US, UK and Australia and racism in those 3 countries varies considerably in different parts. In London race on the whole is not an issue which I found to be case in Melbourne and California. These are all places with a lot of people from everywhere so there is little ignorance. However, there are parts of these 3 countries that are not very tolerant at all. Deep South USA, Northern Queensland (Australia) and Nothern England. So I don't know if you can generalise about a country. Maybe in European countries it might vary in regions too. Amsterdam and Paris seemed to be pretty tolerant places although I've never lived there. I have met a number of African Americans who have been to and even emigrated to Australia and loved it but they haven't lived in Northern Queensland. Read a couple of comments about treatment of Aborigines - totally not acceptable but I don't believe the US history with the indigenous Americans is a hell of a lot better - or any country in the world where there's been European colonization for that matter.

Also know a lot of Aussie girls who love African American or African descent guys in particular. Know one Aussie chick who has decided to settle in London pretty much so she has a great "selection."

Old 08-16-2008, 01:33 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,384,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trying2know View Post
Where to everyone's knowledge is the best country to live without racism? I have been reading many posts about the U.S. and Europe and both seem to have animosity toward african americans no matter where you go. I have lived in the United States al my life andi know there is much racism here. I thought for a time at aiming to go to europe, not because I thought it was better but because i thought racism was a part of people's ignorance. I was hoping that europeans didn't have that. A couple of years ago, I met a french boy in my school and he refered to me as road kill. He really wouldn't stop and i eventually changed schools. Many of his friends from asia also made the same jokes. I hear so many people saying in places like France, they loved american goods and not our foreign policy. I don't agree with it either but is there no place in the wrld for me to be free? Even in this day and time? I'm about to go off to college and I really have an interest to learn about the world. Should i give up trying to be a bit more educated about the world and aiming for a place to make good friends and have a good life? Or should I just be content with this?
Africa is the best place for you, seriously.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:15 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Africa is the best place for you, seriously.
Africa would actually be the worst place for him.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:19 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Racism is everywhere brother.I do not know the best place. Being African American myself, I would say if you dress nice and presentable and you will attract European women, especially those in France, Germany and Northern Italy. Yes Aussie women like black men. Black men are seen as exotic in these places.

Paris, Berlin?, Sydney, Japan, Montreal, Toronto, London, Osaka, Tokyo. Don't live in Russia unless you know the areas that do not contain a high percentage of skin heads.

Wherever you go, go to cities that have good ethnic diversity as these areas tend to be more tolerant.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 08-20-2008 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: links to other forums not permitted

Old 08-21-2008, 08:03 PM

257 posts, read 1,058,147 times
The Caribbean is an option.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:13 AM

251 posts, read 880,310 times
Africa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World