Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 12:59 AM

30 posts, read 233,253 times

Advertisements

Where to everyone's knowledge is the best country to live without racism? I have been reading many posts about the U.S. and Europe and both seem to have animosity toward african americans no matter where you go. I have lived in the United States al my life andi know there is much racism here. I thought for a time at aiming to go to europe, not because I thought it was better but because i thought racism was a part of people's ignorance. I was hoping that europeans didn't have that. A couple of years ago, I met a french boy in my school and he refered to me as road kill. He really wouldn't stop and i eventually changed schools. Many of his friends from asia also made the same jokes. I hear so many people saying in places like France, they loved american goods and not our foreign policy. I don't agree with it either but is there no place in the wrld for me to be free? Even in this day and time? I'm about to go off to college and I really have an interest to learn about the world. Should i give up trying to be a bit more educated about the world and aiming for a place to make good friends and have a good life? Or should I just be content with this?

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 09-06-2007 at 01:07 AM.. Reason: racist content

Old 09-06-2007, 01:11 AM

4,282 posts, read 15,710,965 times
There is no area of the world absolutely free from racism.

It is inherent in man's nature to pay "special attention" to those who don't fit in with the majority of an area.

This applies not only to colour, but speech, appearance, sexual orientation, etc.

Your best bet is to accept that some people are jerks, and then to make your life as rewarding as possible by only associating with those who can control their baser impulses.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:15 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,246,231 times
There is no country without racism. Wherever you go in the world, there will be racists. Just as there will be misogynists/sexists wherever I go. It seems to be a defense mechanism on the part of many members of the human species. I had a roommate who was half-Korean, but grew up in Japan. She never told anybody her mother was Korean or they would have shunned her because, according to her, Japanese people and culture are racist (particularly against Koreans). So there you go. There will always be somebody, somewhere who will want to make you pay for their unhappiness by attacking you (your race, your gender, your class, whatever). In order to live in this world and create a psychological space of peace for yourself, you need to carefully select the people you welcome into your life and ignore all the people who try to make you feel excluded or "less than."

Old 09-06-2007, 10:14 AM

13,032 posts, read 24,556,154 times
Sadly I think all countries have racism as it seems an inherent part of human nature.

I would say generally that Canada, and the Netherlands seem to be the least prejudiced people IMO, but then again I am white so not exactly the best person to comment. I have found both the Dutch and Canadians very open and pretty fair minded about everybody though even the Netherlands have a strong white supremacist movement.

Denmark is also supposed to be very good . My Black and Arab friends tell me the worst places are Eastern Europe.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:32 AM

13,610 posts, read 20,666,167 times
Good points regarding the fact that there is racism everywhere.

I would think the worst place would be Japan.

As for the best place, the answer is obvious- America, their home. And as there is no grand migration of out of America (the opposite is actually the case), it seems African-Americans largely agree and vote by staying put.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 32,684 times
Although I cannot speak for an entire country, I can personally attest that of anywhere that I have lived for an extended period of time....central Canada, by far demonstated the least amount of racial intolerance. Relatively speaking, and much to my chagrin, America has a long, long way to go to reach an even remotely comparative level.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:56 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,895,024 times
Hold-on a second. If someone is a African-American then they are simply an American that is descended from an African. So for AA's I would say America obviously.
What's the point of calling U.S. blacks African Americans when they are a part of the U.S. and not of Africa? Now if someone were to ask where the best place in the world for blacks to escape racism against them in particular than Africa is the only place I can think of. Every country has racism to a certain extent so I would guess Africa would be the only place free of racism against blacks.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:15 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,307,525 times
The best place for anyone whether he/she be black, yellow, white, red, brown, tan is your home

Your home is were your family, and friends are.

There is your answer

You can travel everywhere and all you will be is homesick. You will just be meeting the same personalities over and over again. People from different countries are not all that different.

There is no place like home.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:06 PM

1 posts, read 32,606 times
Smile Remaining Optimistic

I can relate to your feelings regarding racism, which I honestly believe is not racisim but a mental health disorder. I say this because if one of your relatives were to say to you when seeing a stranger walk down the road, "That person is not as smart as I," or "that person is not educated as I am." Wouldn't you think perhaps the person is suffering from psychosis, not having proper insight or good judgement since they are not even familiar with the person.

Well, I have no doubt that what we call racisim is just another form of "psychosis", that has been allowed to grow and fester, that has caused many abnormal interfaces between the victims and the mentally disturbed individuals causing such abnormal interfaces. Check the history of Hitler, he and most of his male family line were deemed schizophrenics.

So let me not go on and on with this. What you need to know however, if you believe in the Bible, is that God promises a new earth, a paradise for all meek individuals, no matter what color, race or nationality. As we pray "thou Kingdom comes on earth as it is in heavens," we are praying for a peaceful place right here on the earth. That peaceful place is promised according to God, as Revelations 21: 3&4 promises that there will be a new heaven and a new earth, the former has passed away."

So although today we can enjoy some relative peace with our families and friends, according to 2 Timothy: 3:1-5 signs are being fulfilled that we are ever closer to a new way of living, one in which we will never have to say, "Is there any place on the earth that I can go to escape the insanity and unfairness that is so prevalent today.

Pray to the creator and ask him to direct you to those people today who are displaying some similance of what that paradise earth will hold for all races, and all nationalities. Pray hard and strong and remember you must pray through the mediator between God and man, Jesus Christ. So you pray in Jesus name to God.

Agape

Old 09-08-2007, 12:54 AM

30 posts, read 233,253 times
But what if the people around you really don't care about you. What if your family wasn't reliable and you didn't have anyone to fall back on? Why would you stay in a plce you are not wanted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World