Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 12:36 PM

20,652 posts, read 23,800,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsrita View Post
i don't know why brits have such a bad reputation. every brit i've met has been generally pleasant in one way or another, but i do think they need to cut back on alcohol a bit lol.
i'm baffled as to why everyone hates american travelers so much. i admit that sometimes we can be a bit stupid and naive.. and not dress well. but it's not like we're harming or annoying anyone, and from what i've seen, we are usually pretty respectful. there are some exceptions, but when aren't there?

now, russians on the other hand... let's just say i will not be returning to sharm el sheikh!!!!!
Because they are loud, stuck up and obnoxious. They think they are owed something and try and walk on top of everybody.

I see it every single year in the Giants Causeway. And hey the Canadians are just as bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Hubard View Post
Well here in Europe, we have something called human rights, and none are more inalienable than the right to let go of a liquid load. Depriving me of this right would be cruel and unusual to say the very least of it. You might not want my waas on your petunias, but you should look at it from my perspective, and try to display a little tolerance.
I don't know about you but if you came into my dads yard and did that, he'd be out to clash you.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
My grandson is in the East End of London at University, studying to be a doctor. One night recently he and his friend were mugged by two Asian men armed with knives. They burnt my grandsons neck with a cigarette. You try to tell me that I don't see it? My husband and son were both police officers in London, you still trying to tell me that I don't see it? B*****ks! You don't even know you're born as they say in the North, and I don't mean protected Scotland.
Good on you love. Fed up of these immigrants trying to walk over everybody.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:49 PM

7,964 posts, read 11,809,625 times
Brits get a bad rep because of places like Magaluf, Ibiza etc but theres also Germans, Dutch etc having the same drunking carry on. But Americans have similar places like Cancun, they are "Lads" holidays. British tourists don't behave like that in Paris, Madrid or Rome.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:05 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,403,392 times
I only go to Vegas so i get to see the bad in every nationality

Old 03-01-2013, 04:43 PM

24,144 posts, read 24,679,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
* Expect local customs to be like in their own country;
* Start speaking loudly in their own language, hoping to be understood (as an American, I must admit I've seen many Americans do this; I've seen Russian tourists do the same);
This is so true! Americans who visit here and are not completely understood (perhaps for speaking in a dialect, or the native just have to take a moment to think about the question), the Americans step closer and repeat the question shouting. And of course they whine when customs are different from home. Same for Russians, "why don't hotels have Russian cable?".

Favourite:
Scandinavians, Estonians, Italians, Poles, Czech, Dutch

Least favourite:
Russians, Brits, Chinese

Neutral:
Americans, Germans, Japanese

edit: There has been a lot of Brit-bashing here, but as a small positive, I've found most Brits who come to Finland to work, study or visiting friends quite friendly and well-behaving. Same applies for the French. It's just the tourists...

Last edited by Ariete; 03-01-2013 at 04:53 PM..

Old 03-01-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Brits get a bad rep because of places like Magaluf, Ibiza etc but theres also Germans, Dutch etc having the same drunking carry on. But Americans have similar places like Cancun, they are "Lads" holidays. British tourists don't behave like that in Paris, Madrid or Rome.
No excuse for anyone to be going on like that. Some of them folk act like complete twits no kid would ever do what they do not even a toddler. Its just hideous and pathetic.

And embaressing. Dont understand what the fun is.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:12 PM

7,964 posts, read 11,809,625 times
Don't go to Magaluf or Cancun then!

Old 03-01-2013, 06:20 PM

994 posts, read 1,232,632 times
As a Brit, I do my best when visiting France, Germany, The Netherlands or Scandanavia to act in a courteous and respectful manner, as these nations are our equals and deserve respect.

When visiting the Latin, New World (America, New Zealand) and other developing countries, I tend to let my guard down a bit, as I figure they are probably extremely grateful for me to be there at all, and will probably be used to people discarding litter and defecating in the streets, which is why I do not refrain from such activities.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:44 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,531,887 times
Inuit don't travel well. It's too hot everywhere. If you doubt me then just tell me how many of them you have ever run in to in your travels?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World