Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 05:37 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahman21 View Post
any ideas for a forum like that? I doubt I will find any forums like that
http://stupid-racial-questions.com/forum/useless.php (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 07:44 PM

1,160 posts, read 2,959,200 times
This pretty much goes for any fairly homogeneous place. If you are good looking and look different from everyone else, you will be a exotic and sort of a novelty, so people will be naturally drawn to. It's the same way some people are drawn to men and women with certain accents. There is a natural curiosity towards something/someone different from you. That may get someone to look your way and approach you, but charm and some personality will still be needed to seal the deal.

You mentioned Brazil, Sweden, and Germany. In smaller towns, someone could be exotic and a novelty due to their appearance (the US is the same way). But in places like Rio, Sao Paulo, Stockholm, Berlin, or Munich, I don't think a blonde guy or a black guy would attract any special attention since there are so many people from all over the world living and visiting these cities.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:54 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,660,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp1188 View Post
This pretty much goes for any fairly homogeneous place. If you are good looking and look different from everyone else, you will be a exotic and sort of a novelty, so people will be naturally drawn to. It's the same way some people are drawn to men and women with certain accents. There is a natural curiosity towards something/someone different from you. That may get someone to look your way and approach you, but charm and some personality will still be needed to seal the deal.

You mentioned Brazil, Sweden, and Germany. In smaller towns, someone could be exotic and a novelty due to their appearance (the US is the same way). But in places like Rio, Sao Paulo, Stockholm, Berlin, or Munich, I don't think a blonde guy or a black guy would attract any special attention since there are so many people from all over the world living and visiting these cities.
People from small towns tend to be conservative. You'll have a hard time trolling down and banging some fish because word will make its way back. And non-international cities usually have a language barrier. Try convincing some chick to drop her panties on looks and sign language alone.

I don't think there is a spot on this world where some blonde or black guy can just walk into the legs of a beautiful woman. There is no free meal otherwise there'd be no business for the prossies. You gotta to work everywhere. New places bring new challenges, that's it.

Last edited by PosterExtraordinaire; 03-07-2012 at 09:06 PM..

Old 03-07-2012, 09:03 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
So my friends and I when we get bored talk about some stupid stuff usually but today and like for the past few days an interesting topic came up. A friend of mines who is Brazilian told me that in Brazil, a good looking Blonde guy would be tough competition. A guy with Blonde hair and Blue eyes would basically score more women than Kaka or Cristiano Ronaldo (I know CR7 is Portuguese but I am just saying some things).

Women will throw themselves at such guys, openly hit on them, make moves on them, and things like one night stands will be extremely easy for them to land. I heard the same thing about Spain and Italy. Blonde hair men with blue eyes are the craze.

On the flip side I have heard similar things about Black men in Sweden and Germany as well. That women give them bonus points for being minorities and such.

So I want to hear from you guys who seem to be well traveled, how true is the exoticness assumption? Can a Blonde male in Brazil who is good looking truly score more women than Cristiano Ronaldo?
I'm a blond-haired blue-eyed guy who spent six months in Brazil. Yeah, if the woman has darker features, they're interested in you. If they are european-descent brazilian, they probably won't be.

That being said, it's generally, most-often, the prostitutes throwing themselves at you. They realize you're an easy target, and probably have money. So, it's not like you're getting all the educated models or whatever else in Brazil throwing themselves at you. More likely, they'll steer clear of you, assuming that any connection with you, and others will probably associate them as a prostitute as well.

Also, throughout Latin America (and I spent about ten months there, and I'm including the spanish-countries I went to after Brazil), it was easier to date women. But, it was almost ALWAYS because of economic reasons. They assume you'll be paying for everything, and if they 'land' you, you'll be a great future for them. It's not because of the blond hair, it's because of the economic perception of wealth skewed in our favor for being an American. (This same theory would probably apply to ANY American/European regardless of their hair color).

When I later moved back to the United States, and I tried to search out Latinas and Brazilians to date, it's almost non-existent that you'll find a Brazilian or Latina woman searching out blondes to date in the U.S. Nine times out of ten, they pretty much ONLY want to date a Latin/Brazilian guy. The 10% that they aren't dating Latinos, it seems accidental of who they end up dating/marrying, not something that they searched for.

Last edited by Tiger Beer; 03-07-2012 at 09:12 PM..

Old 03-07-2012, 09:52 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,356,425 times
As a fairly good looking dirty blonde haired guy who has traveled a bit ...

I've found that after I stopped being an inward looking self-conscious and introverted ****, and started seeing the world and people for who they are and being able to talk to them, I found more women were attracted to me.

The vast majority of the time if you're a cool guy the woman will be attracted to you. If you are comfortable with their appearance and they yours then chemistry will happen. If you (as a guy) are totally absorbed by this woman then she'll get that "ick, creep!" factor going, and if a girl is totally absorbed by a guy eventually he will find her annoying.

So most of the time the woman is looking for a guy with the right attitude and looks that she's comfortable with. As they say, 5's tend to date 5's, 10's tend to marry 10's, etc. And I found this to be true overseas too.

Girls didn't throw themselves at me in Japan, China, Brazil, Argentina, N. Africa or Europe. Now I have heard that in Japan and China, you will get girls attracted to you because you're European or African in descent (the latter is more en vogue now, some girls go nuts over black dudes). But that is always because the girls want some guy as a "handbag boyfriend." 99% of them want a Japanese or Chinese guy for real relationships, but they're doing a foreigner because it's "trendy."

As for prostitutes throwing themselves at you in certain places ... ... well yeah, pretty much any halfway composed and dressed guy will get girls throwing themselves at him. Notice how only some of them go to the dirty looking guys coming off their shift. Not that I have much experience with that, but the few times I've wandered where I shouldn't have I noticed that.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:46 AM

125 posts, read 268,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I'm a blond-haired blue-eyed guy who spent six months in Brazil. Yeah, if the woman has darker features, they're interested in you. If they are european-descent brazilian, they probably won't be.

That being said, it's generally, most-often, the prostitutes throwing themselves at you. They realize you're an easy target, and probably have money. So, it's not like you're getting all the educated models or whatever else in Brazil throwing themselves at you. More likely, they'll steer clear of you, assuming that any connection with you, and others will probably associate them as a prostitute as well.

Also, throughout Latin America (and I spent about ten months there, and I'm including the spanish-countries I went to after Brazil), it was easier to date women. But, it was almost ALWAYS because of economic reasons. They assume you'll be paying for everything, and if they 'land' you, you'll be a great future for them. It's not because of the blond hair, it's because of the economic perception of wealth skewed in our favor for being an American. (This same theory would probably apply to ANY American/European regardless of their hair color).

When I later moved back to the United States, and I tried to search out Latinas and Brazilians to date, it's almost non-existent that you'll find a Brazilian or Latina woman searching out blondes to date in the U.S. Nine times out of ten, they pretty much ONLY want to date a Latin/Brazilian guy. The 10% that they aren't dating Latinos, it seems accidental of who they end up dating/marrying, not something that they searched for.

how would a minority from the US do there then?

Old 03-08-2012, 10:23 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,059,639 times
They will go after your wallet and green card, not after your blond hair.

Now in general when based on looks, I think it goes both ways. Some women find blond men exotic and attractive while others are not attracted because that's not what they are used to. I think a blond guy has a higher chance here in the USA.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:24 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,485,537 times
Since when do you date while on vacation?

Quote:
how would a minority from the US do there then?

You didn't real all of his post. Read it again. He addressed this. And I'm wondering why you open up so many race threads..

Old 03-09-2012, 12:42 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,119,365 times
In Tabasco, Mexico, my blue eyes, prototypical Germanic / Slavic features, and "gringo" accent - especially my blue eyes - were major turn-ons for the local young women, who were almost uniformly mestiza, and who almost never see men with blue eyes. Keep in mind that I am a bit on the heavy side (though not exactly what you would call "fat") and considerably shorter than the average white male of my age and heritage (5'9"), although taller than most men. My Mexican friend whom I met in Florida predicted that girls there would be attracted to me, and my visit there confirmed that. I have heard plenty of stories from other people of the Mexican attraction to foreigners (and it's not all based on money or "green cards", either, although that probably plays a large role). A 15-year-old girl, who was crazily attracted to me, asked me later if I had a brother and if he was guero. I sent a picture of him to her and she was not interested. She did, however, befriend on Facebook one of my brother's friends, who happened to have blue eyes.

One interesting thing about that culture is that dating seems to be very similar to how it WAS in the U.S., and many of the traditions that formerly characterized Anglo-American dating are conserved in Mexico. Most women seem to intend on marrying their novio (boyfriend), and discussions, even if done in levity, about marriage and childbearing come much earlier in the relationship than in the U.S. In many families, a suitor is supposed to ask the father for permission to date his daughter. If you date a Mexican partner, you date his or her family, as most young people in Mexico live with their parents until marriage. Young men and women without partners are pressured by their relatives and friends to find a novio or novia. Males are encouraged to be sexually aggressive but females to stay virgins until marriage or at least until a long time into dating, which seems to create a lot of sexual tension. My friend's (whose house I stayed at for about a week) mother seemed intent on finding me a novia mexicana, and when she brought up what my children with one would look like and I said ehhhhhh...interesante, she asked if I was racist!

This may be less true for larger cities or those with a significant foreign presence (Cancun, Monterrey, Mexico City), which are far more liberal and influenced by American (or general Western) trends.

When I went to Costa Rica, the girls there did not seem strongly attracted to me, though I was considerably heavier then. Neither did the Spanish (Spain) girls, who avoided any incidental eye contact with me.

Around here, girls' preference for foreigners seems to depend on what their country of origin is, and most importantly, on local standards of male beauty. A handsome Polish international student with a distinctive accent reportedly left partly because girls were so intensely hitting on him. The girls were also strongly attracted to a light-skinned Colombian. Asian, African, and dark-skinned Latin American males do not seem to attract women in droves, and may be considered less attractive than local males, but I know of a girl who is either engaged or now married to a Nepalese student who was studying at my university, and her sister, who also studied there, has been dating a Ugandan for some years.

A foreign exchange student who attended my high school in 2004-2005 from Brazil is now married to her host brother. They are both from wealthy families.

As for foreign females, it depends as well, but I do not remember a foreign-girl craze at my college. You would think local males would be particularly attracted to morenas, but I do not recall any of them receiving a special amount of attention, though local guys (and girls) aren't so demonstrative of their attraction.

If you want to find a sincere foreign wife or husband, however, mere surface appearances will count for little beyond initial attraction. You will have to have a good personality, speak the local language, and have respect for the customs.

I must put in a word for Mexican and Latin women in general, however. They seem so caring, sweet, and friendly. The worst thing about them is that they like to dance salsa and merengue.

Last edited by tvdxer; 03-09-2012 at 01:16 AM..

Old 04-02-2012, 11:27 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,640,849 times
As a former athlete, I noticed that my black buddies who were in the dating pool always marveled at how much the women in Poland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, the Czech Republic and Russia gave them attention when we were there for competitions.

"They've never seen black people before!" marveled one of my in-demand buddies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World