Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 05:32 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,546,959 times

Advertisements

I got plenty of "Que ojos lindos tienes!" comments from Mexican women regarding my blue eyes. My brown eyed friends traveling with me got tired of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 11:03 AM

170 posts, read 769,112 times
There seems to be some truth in it. Blond and blue-eyed people are extraordinary in places like Southeast Asia, East Asia, Africa and parts of Latin America, hence, a "Nordic" person would appear as something very special for the locals. Same probably goes for Black or Asian people in Lithuania or Moldova.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:52 PM

4 posts, read 10,388 times
i live in brazil and some women here really like blond hair guys not all of them.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:38 PM

72 posts, read 154,326 times
Why do you people think blonds are non-existent in Latin America? They do exist; they're just a minority. Not all Mexicans are mestizo. While it is true that in southern Mexico people generally look native, it's quite often not the case in northern Mexico - many of the people there don't look mestizo at all!

And not every white Latin American is from Spain or Portugal. A lot of Brazilians are of German or Italian descent - both groups have a higher percentage of blonds when compared to the Portuguese. The Veneto region of Italy, which has a very high percentage of light-haired people, is one of the main sources for Italian Brazilians. I think the Portuguese Wikipedia said over 20 percent of the Italians in Brazil came from Veneto. (Although there are also a lot of Italian Brazilians from southern regions like Campania, Calabria, and Sicily, where dark hair is prevalent.)

When I went to Brazil, I saw more than a few blond people. I initially assumed they were American or European tourists. It turned out they were authentic Brazilians, some of whom didn't even understand English.

And why is red hair never discussed at all? A lot of people not of Irish or Scottish descent have red hair - I have red-haired relatives and I'm Middle Eastern!

Old 04-22-2012, 09:35 AM

183 posts, read 601,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
People from small towns tend to be conservative. You'll have a hard time trolling down and banging some fish because word will make its way back. And non-international cities usually have a language barrier. Try convincing some chick to drop her panties on looks and sign language alone.

I don't think there is a spot on this world where some blonde or black guy can just walk into the legs of a beautiful woman. There is no free meal otherwise there'd be no business for the prossies. You gotta to work everywhere. New places bring new challenges, that's it.
I agree with PosterExtraodinaire and TigerBeer. The other factors are the extra confidence some guys get thinking they're more in demand than they are, their standards for the women who look different than them may be lower because they're less familiar with the variations in their appearance, style, and personality, and naturally they get more looked at by everyone because they tend to stand out in some way. If that glance comes from an attractive girl, you want to think it's because they want you, while you ignore the 80 year old man, or the business man, etc. doing the same.

I think in general, people feel more comfortable dating and definitely marrying those more like them in appearance and cultural background. Some may have a thing for specific foreign types of men, but they're the exception. They stand out though when you're in a homogeneous country where everyone looks different than you and I think this gives people the wrong idea. What about the other 99% of the people around you who wouldn't bother dating you because you're not like them? The foreigner tends to overlook that, as if that small percentage who is going out of their way to meet them is more norm than it is.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:04 PM

355 posts, read 1,190,239 times
[quote=tvdxer;23327688]In Tabasco, Mexico, my blue eyes, prototypical Germanic / Slavic features, and "gringo" accent - especially my blue eyes - were major turn-ons for the local young women...

They wanted a GREEN CARD, manito. Those women could not care less if you were blond and blue eyed or if you looked like Cantinflas!!! They only cared for your dolares and for your pasaporte.

Plenty of güeritas ricas in Mexico, but you can't touch them with a ten feet pole. They live in gated communities, they have their "centros" and clubs and don't approach foreigners unless you are Brad Pitt.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:00 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahman21 View Post
So my friends and I when we get bored talk about some stupid stuff usually but today and like for the past few days an interesting topic came up. A friend of mines who is Brazilian told me that in Brazil, a good looking Blonde guy would be tough competition. A guy with Blonde hair and Blue eyes would basically score more women than Kaka or Cristiano Ronaldo (I know CR7 is Portuguese but I am just saying some things).

Women will throw themselves at such guys, openly hit on them, make moves on them, and things like one night stands will be extremely easy for them to land. I heard the same thing about Spain and Italy. Blonde hair men with blue eyes are the craze.

On the flip side I have heard similar things about Black men in Sweden and Germany as well. That women give them bonus points for being minorities and such.

So I want to hear from you guys who seem to be well traveled, how true is the exoticness assumption? Can a Blonde male in Brazil who is good looking truly score more women than Cristiano Ronaldo?
Absolutely true. I've heard from blond guys in Latin America that they practically got mauled everywhere they went. Native American guys fare quite well anywhere they go in Europe.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:29 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,125,272 times
[quote=Cocoricoco;23975010]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
In Tabasco, Mexico, my blue eyes, prototypical Germanic / Slavic features, and "gringo" accent - especially my blue eyes - were major turn-ons for the local young women...

They wanted a GREEN CARD, manito. Those women could not care less if you were blond and blue eyed or if you looked like Cantinflas!!! They only cared for your dolares and for your pasaporte.

Plenty of güeritas ricas in Mexico, but you can't touch them with a ten feet pole. They live in gated communities, they have their "centros" and clubs and don't approach foreigners unless you are Brad Pitt.
Haha, there was still attraction involved. I wouldn't read "oI kOnOcI a Un GrInGo GuApO" on somebody who was not yet my friend's Facebook or "tienes gusto esta muy bueno" from somebody I don't know on a friend's picture of me if there wasn't. Also, these girls weren't necessarily poor; they came from upper middle income families, and I still chat with many of them online today. They sometimes tell me about the struggle of getting a visa, however, so they can't be that rich. Still, they live comfortably. Many of them already have boyfriends but we continue to speak platonically.

I don't remember any of them asking me for money, to take them out, etc. I was only there for a short time. That doesn't mean that my perceived wealth didn't enter into the equation, however.

Last edited by tvdxer; 04-22-2012 at 04:42 PM..

Old 04-22-2012, 05:45 PM

4,904 posts, read 3,361,298 times
I hear East Asian-looking men do really well in Eastern Europe and Latin America as they are increasingly associated with MONEY, POWER and PROSPERITY...

And whether it is Indonesian/Malay-looking guys in Holland, or Vietnamese, Laotian and Cambodian men in France, SE Asian guys are tearing it up

Old 04-23-2012, 04:00 AM

355 posts, read 1,190,239 times
[quote=tvdxer;23978312]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoricoco View Post

I don't remember any of them asking me for money, to take them out, etc. I was only there for a short time. That doesn't mean that my perceived wealth didn't enter into the equation, however.

They are not going to ask you money FIRST HAND, they are not idiots. Your perceived wealth did come into play, but they don't know if you are poor as a rabbit or the son of Donald Trump. They are going to try to dig info somewhere, Facebook, your friend, etc.

Well off girls do not go out with strangers out of the blue NOWHERE, EVEN LESS in Mexico (Kidnappings).

Of course, maybe you are a Brad Pitt look alike or a VERY handsome man capable of performing a "braguetazo" (to score a jackpot-screw). There are some wealthy girls with "very indigena traits" capable of marrying some white slob to improve in the social scale. I know an Argentinian guy that did that (in Guatemala) and now the only thing he does is play tennis at their club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World