U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 04:58 PM

9,071 posts, read 11,862,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkSam View Post
My country is New Zealand. Beautiful & favorite parts; too many to mention, lol. Our beautiful perfectly crafted landscape. Splendid climate. Jovial people. Homey warm feeling. Adrenaline rushing adventures.

And sadly, we have ugly things in our backyard too. There are times in the year when Mother Nature strikes; floods, heavy rains, earthquakes.
Sorry to say, our rugby team is not that awesome. But I'm hopeful.
I live lake taupe and rotorua. If I lived in Auckland I'd live anywhere close to karekare beach, pref. in a simple batch.

E Ihoa atua...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 05:00 PM

9,071 posts, read 11,862,349 times
The us

For me

The best
NYC
Northern New England (except in the winter)
The desert SW (new Mexico, Arizona...) for the stunning scenery

The worse
Mississippi, Alabama - not into humidity and I don't believe in Jesus, so I'd stick out.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:05 AM

14,101 posts, read 7,634,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Best parts of Scotland - Edinburgh (most of it anyway), 85% of the Highlands and Islands and Glagows city centre and West End.

Worst parts of Scotland - The outer areas of Dundee, a few or more housing estates in Glagow, Arbroath, Kilmarnock, parts of Fife and Lanarkshire which are all dumps rife with drugs and crime.
Add everywhere south and west of Glasgow - yuck - talk about depressing..

Shetland is definitely one of the best areas of Scotland in my opinion, clean and economically well off, but the weather is not so great if you like warm weather.

I've done it once, but I'll do it again, for England this time

Best areas to live:
North and west London
Surrey, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Hertfordshire
North Yorkshire
Bristol, Bath and Somerset

Worst areas to live:
Blackpool, Blackburn
Teesside
City of Bradford
Merseyside, excluding Liverpool
North Kent
East London

My favourite areas of England however are as followed:
Central London
Manchester
Leeds (no bias, honest!!)
Liverpool
Craven, Harrogate
Ilkley
Todmorden, Hebden Bridge
Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, Northumberland, County Durham
York, Canterbury
Cheshire
Surrey

Least favourite areas:
West Midlands county
North Lincolnshire
Middlesbrough
East Anglia
Sheffield
Derby
Kent Coast (yuck!!!)

Old 03-21-2012, 08:41 PM

4,756 posts, read 4,650,252 times
Quote:
Best parts of Scotland - Edinburgh (most of it anyway), 85% of the Highlands and Islands and Glagows city centre and West End.

Worst parts of Scotland - The outer areas of Dundee, a few or more housing estates in Glagow, Arbroath, Kilmarnock, parts of Fife and Lanarkshire which are all dumps rife with drugs and crime.
Yeah, that seems to be an accurate analysis for those areas of Scotland.

However, what about Inverness, Aberdeen, and the areas of Scotland south and east of Glasgow?

Old 03-21-2012, 09:48 PM

6,578 posts, read 4,365,003 times
Most of Inverness is nice but there is 1 or 2 bad areas same with Aberdeen. Aberdeen has one really bad area comparable with the run down areas of Glasgow and Dundee but a lot of Aberdeen is similar to Edinburgh. Parts of Dumbarton-shire to the west of Glasgow have some of the most affluent and most deprived areas in the UK like Bearsden and East Dumbarton-shire (the 2nd most affluent area in Scotland) and Dumbarton and Clydebank which have very poor areas. South of Glasgow you have places like Airdrie, Motherwell, Bellshill and Ayr which have a lot of run down areas, unemployment, drug/alcohol abuse and crime etc. Then you have parts of the Scottish borders etc that are where a lot of wealthy people reside and where you'll find Scotlands only Conservative seat.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:56 AM

4,776 posts, read 2,743,390 times
Quote:
Most of Inverness is nice but there is 1 or 2 bad areas same with Aberdeen. Aberdeen has one really bad area comparable with the run down areas of Glasgow and Dundee but a lot of Aberdeen is similar to Edinburgh. Parts of Dumbarton-shire to the west of Glasgow have some of the most affluent and most deprived areas in the UK like Bearsden and East Dumbarton-shire (the 2nd most affluent area in Scotland) and Dumbarton and Clydebank which have very poor areas. South of Glasgow you have places like Airdrie, Motherwell, Bellshill and Ayr which have a lot of run down areas, unemployment, drug/alcohol abuse and crime etc. Then you have parts of the Scottish borders etc that are where a lot of wealthy people reside and where you'll find Scotlands only Conservative seat.
do people in the borders region vote conservative due to the fact that they are well off or is because they are more in favour of the union ? , id have thought the latter

Old 03-22-2012, 08:59 AM

4,776 posts, read 2,743,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkSam View Post
Oh thank you.
The Milford Track is indeed an enchanting experience.
Chch is a beautiful city, and has lots of happenings during Summers. The Banks Peninsula is also just near Chch.
christchurch is indeed nice to look at but i found it had no atmosphere , i liked wellington and enjoyed dunedin aswell

Old 03-22-2012, 09:58 AM

6,578 posts, read 4,365,003 times
Scottish Parliament general election, 2011 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is a map there is actually more than one seat but all in the borders region, they are affluent areas why would they no vote Conservative! But then again other affluent areas of Scotland don't vote Conservative so I am not sure how it is, maybe their proximity to England but I doubt that is the reason.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Inverness and Aberdeen seem like they can be underrated nationally/internationally, and are some of the best parts of Scotland, especially if most of Aberdeen is like Edinburgh. Is Inverness like Edinburgh too?

Glasgow seems to have such a huge disparity between different areas of the city. However, the good areas of Glasgow help save it and it is still a worthwhile place to visit and live in (with staying in the good areas and avoiding the worst bad areas.)

Edinburgh seems to have much less differences than Glasgow between different areas of city limits, so it does beat Glasgow in this way and has an overall more wealthy kept up look for a higher percentage of city limits.

Most of the Scottish highlands and islands are also some of the other best parts of Scotland.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Best part of the living in the USA: quality of life, convenience, freedom.
Worst part of the living in the USA: lack of universal free/low cost health care for all residents.
This thread is about picking the best/worst and favorite/least favorite actual geographic locations in each country and for describing why someone picks those geographic locations.

It is not about that other stuff such as what is not geographic locations related.

Also, it is about someone posting for the countries they live in for an extended time period.

Other than the USA, there are plenty of other countries that also have quality of life, convenience, and freedom too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World